close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

A DA revolver shooter needs Glock trigger help.

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by word butcher, Dec 27, 2003.

1. word butcher

word butcher

Happy holidays everyone. I'm a new face here, having made a grand total of one post before this one. I started a thread over in the Ten Ring regarding the Glock 20. For reasons I go into over there, I am thinking about the 10mm Glock. This would be my first Glock ever but I have shot them before. Enough to know that the real strength of the Glock trigger lies in its short reset. However, my always gun is a Smith 442. My current house gun is a Smith 28. I am a seasoned double action revolver shooter and I am used to a revolver's relatively long trigger stroke and similarly long and assertive trigger reset.

So to get to my question, is there any way to achieve a revolver's long pull and positive trigger reset? I have seen reference here and in some of Massad Ayoob's writing to a NY1 trigger. Is that the way to happiness for me?

Again, I know how fast the short reset can be. But if I buy one, the Glock 20 would be part of a defensive battery. The other parts of that battery are revolvers. I am seeking some continuity in the operating system to make things as goof-proof as possible. Is there are way to achieve the basic feel of a revolver trigger on the Glock platform?

Thanks everyone and Happy New Year.

2. HSM ITH

HSM ITH

You don't need the long positive reset. You can "stroke" the trigger of the Glock JUST EXACTLY like your DA S&W wheelguns. You stroke it through the bang and let off, stroke again. IMO you are a full couple steps ahead of those that never learned the DA revolver, in fact I had quite a time liking Glocks until I shot them as if they were a DA revolver. I was trying to shoot them like a 1911 or similar and man it will frustrate you to no end. You, if you shoot revolvers decently, have learned to follow through on the shot, and friend that is 99% of making a Glock sing. I am a full fledged S&W wheelgun fan, own more than I need and love shooting them. That 28, as fine as it is, will get replaced by the Glock as the primary go-to gun inside of 1000 rounds. I cut my teeth on a K-frame and have several worthy wheel guns that I could grab when I hear a noise, but I grab a G22. With my loads it is very close to the 10mm but the reason I grab it is IMO it is easier to hit with fast and signifincantly faster putting solid repeat hits on target.

Just get your Glock, put a good set of crisp sights on it and a thousand rounds through it.

If I, a semi-wheelgun-alkie almost in recovery, can help you with the transistion let me know.

3. cigna63

cigna63

Try using the NY1 trigger with a 3.5lb connector, from what I understand it gives a smooth 5lb trigger pull that is as close to a DA revolver as you will get from a Glock.