1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
VIVA MEXICO !!!
3,684 Posts
for a moment I thought of another cop on cop chase, :rofl:

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
That is why I always take the time to shut and lock the doors on my patrol car. It takes a few extra seconds but I would rather call a perimeter and get the guy with a K9 than to have him steal my car, my rifle and my dignity.

·
Registered
5,640 Posts
That Tucson Sergeant is going to running from the Chief for losing his car to the badguy!
I'm sure nobody in the department will ever mention that he got his car stolen...:supergrin:

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
That suspect will be a legend in the county jail...

...right up until he is sentenced.

Could happen to any of us. I know I don't always remember to pull my keys when I step out of the car for a few seconds (not to mention when adrenaline is pumping on a hot call like this foot pursuit), and it doesn't take much longer than that for a BG to take advantage if he really wants to.

·
Registered
8,976 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure some of our highway patrol cars are equipped with a kill switch that needs to be disengaged in order to put the car in drive.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure some of our highway patrol cars are equipped with a kill switch that needs to be disengaged in order to put the car in drive.
Many patrols cars are so equipped, but the operator still has to activate the ignition override and remove the key first. Many times that's not done (key is left in the ignition like any other car) if the officer is just hopping out of the car for a few seconds, or forgets amidst an adrenaline rush as mentioned.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts