close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

A couple of thoughts on the Superbowl (the actual game)

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Mr981, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Mr981

Mr981

1)Flacko impressed me with his accuracy; he put the ball where it had to be thrown with tight coverage.

2)Boldin is as tough a receiver as I've seen in a long time; he will fight for every ball and hangs on to it. If I was looking for a receiver as a pattern for young players, he would be one.

3) Lewis's performance at the game was underwhelming from the plays I saw. He looked slow and a step behind way too often; Harbaugh must have a lot of respect for his on field leadership--if nothing else.

4) The SF QB will be a force in the league for years if he doesn't get killed on one of his scrambles.

5) Wonder what SF's Harbaugh is like away from a football field?

Last edited: Feb 4, 2013
  2. SC Tiger

SC Tiger Big, educated kitty cat!

I thought the same thing on 1-4. On 5 I can only imagine.

I was very wrong in my pre-game analysis. I did not factor in that San Francisco could not cover a birdcage with a blanket and I underestimated Flacco. Kaperenick is going to be a good one if he continues to progress.

3. paynter2

paynter2 It ain't over Millennium Member

I agree with your assessment. It's time for Lewis to go - great as he was some rookie would replace him next year - if he stuck around. RL is getting too slow to cover the passes over the middle.

Boldin reminds me of Herman Edwards (Detroit). Herm used to kill my Vikings - there was virtually nothing we could do to stop him except bad Lions quarterbacking.

I have my opinion of SF Harbaugh - but I don't know the guy so I'll keep it to myself.

I actually did pick Baltimore. Just office play-off pool. SF is a very good football team. But, they faced tougher and tougher defenses as the playoffs went on. I don't know if the Ravens defense stopped SF as much as the SF offense stopped itself. But the Raven defense is really awesome - maybe even underrated..

4. mac66

mac66 Huge Member Millennium Member

First, I don't really care about SF or the Ravens, I live in the Detroit area and we don't have professional football team so I tend to cheer for other mid west teams.

As for the super bowl, if you take away the 109 yard kick return what would the score have been?

I thought the Ravens came out strong and I thought SF would adjust at half time and shut them down in the second half. Pretty much what happened, both good teams. When you have teams like that, big plays and mistakes are what tips it one way or the other. That's football.

Being that both coaches are from Michigan it was a no lose situation for us.