close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

A couple issues

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by mnchvgs79, May 25, 2006.

1. mnchvgs79

mnchvgs79

1. How do you send PM's from this site? I was trying to give someone a link to PM glocksterpaulie to make a purchase and I couldnt find anything anywhere.

2. How do I change thread subscriptions? I want to open "User CP" and be able to see all the threads that I have replied to that have new posts, but I don't want to get 5 million emails all the time showing thread replies. Usually on a VB forum there is a way to subscribe and unsubscribe to threads individually, on this site, I see no way to manage subscriptions at all.

Thanks

2. c-mama

c-mama Moderator

Hello there.

#1 - To send a user a PM, you can do one of two things. You can find their post in another thread and under the post you will see some buttons:
    profile, message, website, search and buddy

In some cases, Message does not show up as the person has declined accepting PMs from the site and website will not show up if the person has not entered a web address.

You can also go to the users profile and in the profile you will see a link to send the user a PM.

#2 - The user control panel is a very helpful tool. You can subscribe to your favorite forums and they will appear in the control panel. A green light will appear next to the forum name if there are new posts.

You can also subscribe to certain threads and those threads will show up under the subscribed forums you have chosen. You can see how many replies there are and when the last post was and who the last poster was. There is also an option next to the thread in your control panel where you can unsubscribe.

If you do not wish to receive e-mail notifications, click on Edit Options in your user control panel. Under the Messaging & Notification section, you will see Use 'Email Notification' by default?
    Using this option emails you whenever someone replies to a thread that you have participated in.
    I'm not sure if you will get an e-mail notification or not with threads you have subscribed to. I haven't used this feature in a while and I cannot remember if it sends and e-mail or not. We'll see when I hit reply. :)

I hope this helps. Let me know if there is something else you need to know.

3. c-mama

c-mama Moderator

I did not receive an e-mail. But I don't know if it's because it was MY reply.

4. mnchvgs79

mnchvgs79

When I am viewing or posting on a thread, is there a way to subscribe to it? I don't want to subscribe to any forums, just to every thread I post on, WITHOUT getting an email about it.

5. c-mama

c-mama Moderator

Directly below the last post you will see, centered, in a white box:

Show printable version, Email this page, Subscribe to this thread

6. mnchvgs79

mnchvgs79

AH HA!!!!!!! There it is. :) Now is there a way for this to automatically happen every time I reply to a thread or post one?

Also, why is this VB forum so different than every other VB forum out there? This site is very hard to use compared to the other 8 or 9 forums I post on.

7. c-mama

c-mama Moderator

It will not automatically subscribe.

I also did find out that I do receive e-mails to threads I have subscribed to. I do not see a way to turn this feature off.

I cannot answer why this forum is different. That would be something Eric, the site owner, can answer.

8. mnchvgs79

mnchvgs79

OK, thanks for your help.

9. vote Republican

vote Republican White and nerdy Moderator

Actually I prefer GT to many other boards. For example on ar15.com (I am a member but not a team member there, which may make a difference) I don't get a dot in threads I've posted in, IMs are deleted unless I click on save, I only get 25 IMs, and there is not an option to go to last read post in a thread. Not bashing ar15.com, just sticking up a bit for GT. :cool:

10. mnchvgs79

mnchvgs79

I think you may have misunderstood, nothing at all against the board... it's just the options and settings are all different than all the other forums I post on, it might be because this vbulletin software hasn't been updated in a LOOOONG time, they're still running version 2.X.X

It's all good.