A Coming Generational Conflict

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by reniram, Sep 23, 2020.

1. Bus007

Bus007

Thank you for what you do at Arlington. You are walking amongst heroes.

GlockPride and n2g like this.
  2. AK_Stick

AK_Stick AAAMAD

Where the turbines scream, and the door guns gleam
    Nope, just end it and chalk it up to life isn’t always fair. Sucks that I’ve paid and won’t receive anything too. But sometimes you have to pull the bandaid off, even if it stings.

SRS, nikerret, Jonesee and 1 other person like this.

3. PeterG

PeterG

It’s called inflation, brought to us by the the folks at the Fed.

Human needs fluctuate and vary between people, demand may effect costs of basics but inflation sucks the value out of everybody’s money.

Fighting endless wars and social engineering has brought us to this place, past generations lived when sound money practice was still a thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nursetim likes this.
  4. catman71

catman71 Spewer of TROOF

Did anyone ask the OP what the third path was?

5. PeterG

PeterG

It’s the path least traveled because it’s too painful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

catman71 likes this.
  6. Hef

Hef

In order for federal taxes to be "fair", they should only be collected and used to directly fund the necessary operations of government. Providing personal benefits of any kind unrelated to employment by the government is not a necessary operation of government. Further, it is inarguably unfair, as it provides goods and services to those who didn't pay for them, paid for by those who never received them. If we are to pay our "share", each taxpayer should pay the same amount as any other taxpayer, regardless of income. Otherwise, some will pay more than their share, while others pay less than their share.

7. syntaxerrorsix

syntaxerrorsix Anti-Federalist CLM

Most places in Florida. I've got ~3200sqft on a double lot. 3B/2B with a 750sqft garage and shop. 160K.

Central Florida is certainly not limited economically.

IamtheNRA, mike from st pe and Bus007 like this.
  8. reniram

reniram

Sorry I didn't put that in. It was basically incremental legislative change. The first two paths were obviously more drastic and though provoking, but incrementalism is more insidious aka frog in a slowly boiling pot syndrome.

mike from st pe and catman71 like this.
  9. Fox

Fox Varmit Control

It is surprising how many here don't realize that today's youth were weaned on politically correct (PC) indoctrination. Y'all missed the panic over global warming completely. That fear was put into them since kindergarten. Most of you have no idea what goes on at the schools because it was really just free daycare so you could go to work.

10. syntaxerrorsix

My property tax statement says it wasn't free and I don't even have any kids.

faceplant and Ranger357 like this.
  11. rj1939

rj1939

Where the movie "Poor White Trash" was filmed
    Yup..................two biggies on the tax bill...................we even have a more costly system here, the grade school and high school are separate districts, so double the administrations. Why not pay twice?

mike from st pe and Intolerant like this.
  12. Intolerant

Intolerant

Time to defund these schools. They are indoctrinating these kids to take over the country.
    And why should i pay school taxes... i dont have any kids. Why am i paying for somebody else`s idiot to destroy my country.

13. Wojo88

Wojo88

Imagine what the unemployment rate would be if the Government actually operated this way. How many lobbyists would be out of a job?

mike from st pe and Hef like this.
  14. Fox

Fox Varmit Control

I should have put quotation marks around the word free as I intended a hint of sarcasm there.

syntaxerrorsix likes this.
  15. Fox

Fox Varmit Control

IMO the middle class should be weaned off of public schools. Catholic schools are an affordable private school option and I think there will be more options in the near future for affordable private school education if there was a greater market demand.

Ideally public school education would just be a safety net for the poor with an emphasis on trade school education that comes with a high school diploma.

Of course the communists must be purged from the education system.

16. mike from st pe

mike from st pe

Well I certainly do understand the money my bosses and myself went to fund the retirements of your parents and grandparents.
    If one is making a $1,000,000 annually and not putting away some to fund retirement then they will have to suffer for their ignorance and live off $4k monthly.

GlockPride likes this.
  17. mike from st pe

mike from st pe

Sux to be you eh?
    Pay yourself first, 401k, 403b, IRA, and ROTH. No one wants to live within their means or under anymore. Nope you CANNOT have it all.
    Most of the folks I hear whining about no SSI when they retire are NOT putting a dime away for it. Yep that new F150 every three years is NOT a necessity. Neither is that 3,600 square foot 3/2 house. You only have one kid for cryin out loud.

GlockPride likes this.
  18. syntaxerrorsix

Whining about paying in their entire life and not receiving any of the benefit? Sux to be them?

How about you just say, "thank you for funding, in part, my retirement" and then just walk away?

mike from st pe likes this.
  19. JohnnyE

JohnnyE

I asked one father I know nearly 20 years ago whether he resented paying taxes to support public schools he didn't use (because they weren't very good), and instead paying out of pocket to send his own kids to the local parochial school. His answer surprised me. This successful, conservative business man told me he is successful because his customers have money to spend, money they wouldn't have if they weren't educated. Since not everyone could afford to pay for K-12 educations like he did, if it weren't for public schools, people would likely be less educated and he, and society, would be less successful.

Just an observation.

Now, the question of what is being taught in public schools is an entirely different matter!

Fox and Jonesee like this.
  20. Gonzoso

Gonzoso

That's just time. With passing time everyone fades into obscurity, even the most famous. Who now remembers movie stars of the 30's abd 40's? Even if you were the biggest star/warrior/singer of your day and in 100 years almost no one will know you existed.