GlockTalk Forum banner

81 - 100 of 246 Posts

·
Registered
8,978 Posts
Remove the cap and limit SSI payments to $2,000 monthly.
So further screw those that worked hard to be prosperous, and those that live in high cost areas.

Or maybe we could transition to a public private solution where there is are actual funds(like people think), instead of this fake Ponzi tax scheme.

·
Registered
11,964 Posts
Remove the cap and limit SSI payments to $2,000 monthly.
Wouldn`t that just allow the government to steal even more of your money?
Show me a program that the gov`t has invented, and it isn`t a complicated mess.
The problem with SS is the gov`t. They created it so that they had another place to get money from.

The gov`t just smiles at you and always say, "we`re just borrowing it, we know whats best for you"

·
AAAMAD
30,411 Posts
Another View attachment 835800
Thread.

I know a lot of young people that work harder than a lot of older people. People are the same despite generational differences.

What's different now is the rich tilting the system in their favor making it harder for the common folk to get ahead, and the ridiculous echo chambers everyone gets in via social media causing extreme polarization in society.

You old guys and going folks need to get off Facebook and go out and see the world for what it is, not for what advertising based algorithms are telling you to keep you scrolling till you die.

Are you suggesting that a forum full of old men who are taking Govt welfare in the form of SS and are out of touch with reality?

Say it isn’t so.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
A very progressive recommendation.

Tax the higher income earners more while simultaneously taking their benefits away.

A recommended redistribution of wealth. Interesting on this conservative website.

Yep, some one has to pay their fair share, either that or privatize SSI.

·
Registered
8,978 Posts
Yep, some one has to pay their fair share, either that or privatize SSI.
If the issue is paying their fair share, would that mean taxing the lower paid people more, since they are the ones getting more out than they put in, on a percentage basis. As someone with a family of four that pay more in federal income taxes, that the budget divided by the number of people times my 4, I pay more than my fair share. Or do you have a different version of fair share? What exactly is your version of "fair share". I find the answers to be interesting when I ask this.

·
Registered
9,387 Posts
Sounds good on paper, until such time as we need to decide who defines "fair".
The percentage of tax is the same for all. No cap for the higher earners (it will cost them more).

The formula for determining benefits is the same for all. No cap for higher earners (it will pay them more).

·
Registered
17,349 Posts
Would we then also remove the caps on payments out? Would we raise or eliminate the amount of other income that you could earn while taking social security before you start paying income tax on it?
Social Security benefit formula values “first covered dollar” taxed earnings far higher than it does “last covered dollar” earnings. Removing the cap on taxed earnings would probably extend that formula.

·
Registered
9,387 Posts
Social Security benefit formula values “first covered dollar” taxed earnings far higher than it does “last covered dollar” earnings. Removing the cap on taxed earnings would probably extend that formula.
Change the formula. Make it perfectly fair.
If that is not conducive to a viable Social Security fund, increase everyone's taxes equally until it does. Or, cut SS benefits equally.

That isn't unfair, it is perfectly fair.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
A very progressive recommendation.

Tax the higher income earners more while simultaneously taking their benefits away.

A recommended redistribution of wealth. Interesting on this conservative website.
As you are well aware, not everyone on this site is conservative.

·
NRA Life Member.
3,508 Posts
Is that person in the left picture really a Russian with a Russian submachine gun? If so, such “fake memes” kill the messsge.
I'd ask him but he is dead. I think he is a real person though so your "fake memes" message is pretty much asinine.

Reactions: Jonesee

·
USN Retired
7,525 Posts
From the surveys I have seen most people period don't have a pot to piss in. They have over extended themselves and are way in debt to pay for all of the crap they have to have. And that debit is your fault and if you don't have any it is because you took advantage of someone.
The only debt I have is my home. Its worth about $400K and I owe about $165K. It should be paid off, in about 8 years, when I plan to retire. Cars are paid for. Motorcycles paid for. I retired from Uncle Sam's Navy, but still work and have a good job.
Whom and how did I take advantage of anyone?

·
Registered
8,481 Posts
1968 all over again. But kids now as then will grow up and learn that reality doesn't care about teh fee fees.

* Politics is violence.
* Economic egalitarianism is not achievable nor is it desirable.
* Other People's Money results in worst possible outcomes.
* TINSTAFL
* Compounding interest is the "most powerful force in the universe."

·
Registered
12,356 Posts

·
USN Retired
7,525 Posts
Reactions: xTerpx
81 - 100 of 246 Posts