Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I went to visit my grandma. A few minutes later my in-laws arrived.

Q: So I asked my in-law if he still packs heat.
A: He said yea want to see it. OK, he pulles up his shirt and there it was, a Glock 17.
Note: All this time, I thought he would carry a smaller gun.
A: He's like, yea, its the best thing out there. He tells me that he has a 10 round magazine in it and a few other spare 10 round magazines in the truck.

Q: I asked him why 10 rounds when you can carry up to 17 rounds instead?
A: He tells me that it weighs too much with the larger capacity magazines.

Q: I asked him why not carry a Glock 26 with the same round capacity yet smaller package?
A: He replied, I could shoot 10 rounds out of the Glock 17 better then 10 round out of a Glock 26.
A: I rather be confortable in a gun fight; thats why I carry it.

Oh well, I quess he prooved his case.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Well, you were thinking about whether he was carrying, but you still didn't notice the G17 under his shirt. I would say that's a positive argument for the G17. Your in-law has carefully considered what he wants in a gun, and I agree with his decision.... except I would be carrying 16+1. Or if I were only carrying 10 because of weight, I would at least have some full capacity mags in the truck.

·
Cowbell Glocker
1,078 Posts
If I could comfortably carry a G17, I would. I shoot it the best, although I do fine with my G36 and am still getting to know my new G26.

If I'm having a less-than-stellar session at the range with my subs, I can always grab the Founding Father, load 17 in it, and get my bearings back. It's like a hi-capacity reset button for me. :thumbsup:

·
hedgehog
1,447 Posts
how does the 17 compare width-wise to the 26 ? also, is the grip smaller ?I had to make my 26 grip shorter to shoot comfortarbly.

·
Cowbell Glocker
1,078 Posts
how does the 17 compare width-wise to the 26 ? also, is the grip smaller ?I had to make my 26 grip shorter to shoot comfortarbly.
Width-wise, the 17 is perceptibly thinner, prolly because front to back, the G26 is wider due to the high hump on the backstrap. It has the effect of feeling all-around thinner on the G17, to me at least. YMMV.

·
317 Posts
Surprisingly, in my MTAC, my 17 is just slightly harder to conceal than my 26. I was shocked. - 'ole joe :cool:

·
Registered
232 Posts
i carry my 17 +1 with a spare mag with 17 on other side in mag holder i love it

·
Registered
453 Posts
I suspect the G17 and G26 are pretty much the same in terms of frame width. I have a Fobus Kydex and a Don Hume slide for the G26, but the G17 fits just fine in both holsters, except, of course, more of it sticks out the bottom. They're both 9mm double stack, so why wouldn't they be?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts