GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have the black talons and that was cheap they usually go for around $50... They have them in silver casing and gold casing...

I went to bass Pro shops and ran into these... The Winchester SXZ only sold exclusively there... They look exactly like the Black talons and they even have the lubalox black coating on them too... What you guys think...

Looks like some graphics genius got the hollowpoint and truncated cone bullets mixed up...

·
Registered
358 Posts
I always laughed when everyone said that the 147gr. 9mm ammo was crap.

My brother and I shot some of the 147 Talons out of both a Glock 19 and a Beretta 92 into various media. All expanded fully and looked flat out nasty and mean. I would sure as hell not want to have one of those driven through my body.

I love the old style Glocks myself. My hands are too big for the finger grooves on the Gen. 3 guns so I prefer the Gen. 2 models which seem to be drying up.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Picked up a G19 the other day in a trade, like brand new.. 50 rounds down the pipe and two pre-ban mags. Plus the guy threw in an Accu-Match threaded barrel with a comp and SS guide rod and spring. Traded it for a S&W M&P 40.

·
AMERICA **** YA
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Picked up a G19 the other day in a trade, like brand new.. 50 rounds down the pipe and two pre-ban mags. Plus the guy threw in an Accu-Match threaded barrel with a comp and SS guide rod and spring. Traded it for a S&W M&P 40.
Want to sell it?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Love the Gen2, but what's the story on Black Talons?
I saw them at a gun show once and they were priced at $90 or so, so I asked why. The guy told me something along the lines of them being teflon coated and that was considered to be too dangerous (toxins or something in the body?) so they were banned. He then pointed to a box of JHP and said "so we got these guys instead which do just as well."

Not sure of the veracity of that but someone here can probably confirm/deny.

·
Sneet
15,532 Posts
I saw them at a gun show once and they were priced at $90 or so, so I asked why. The guy told me something along the lines of them being teflon coated and that was considered to be too dangerous (toxins or something in the body?) so they were banned. He then pointed to a box of JHP and said "so we got these guys instead which do just as well."

If a Talon were in my body, toxins from a teflon coating would probably be the last thing I'd be worrying about. :faint:

I have a few boxes of Winchester SXT's. (Same Xact Thing) in a white box. :rofl:

·
G19/J Frame fan
357 Posts
Here's my '96 Gen2 G19, bought it new, runs like a top after over 6K rds. Would love to have one from '91 as thats the year I graduated high school.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts

Thanks for the reply! :)

·
Registered
9,251 Posts
Whats with the above quote Some of the older guns are just as reliable as the new ones. I carry a 2nd gen G-23 EDC and own a G-19, as well as a G-22 all 2nd gen. I own no mid size Glocks (19/23) in 3rd gen configuration and no 4th Gen Glocks at all.
The 2nd gens may be older by date of manufacture, but by no means less effective or efficient as a 3rd or 4th Gen.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts