9x25 Dillon Bullets

Discussion in '10mm Reloading Forum' started by Taterhead, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Taterhead

Taterhead Nightshade

DubfromGA likes this.
  2. Taterhead

Taterhead Nightshade

I went ahead and ordered 1k of the TJ Conevera 380 JHP 90 gr.

They ship quickly.

They look good. Consistent weight and diameter. Although it is noteworthy that they are 0.355" rather than the advertised 0.356"

[​IMG]

Seating to 1.265" puts the shoulder right about at the case mouth.

[​IMG]

I received a set of Dillon dies and added a 9mm Lyman M expander since I don't load on a Dillon press. I set the sizer to set the shoulder so that the case head is about flush with the barrel hood. I am going to workup some loads with Blue Dot, Longshot, and No. 9.

I'll report back when I get to the range, although I try to get some skiing in this time of year. Competing interests!

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020

3. DubfromGA

DubfromGA

A 90gr bullet being driven at the speeds the 9x25 Dillon is capable of is gonna be fun as hell to shoot.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with this monsta.

I'm mighty green on such, but interested.

Will those bottlenecked rounds use the same 10mm magazines you already have for your G20 ?

Hope the skiing went well....but it's time to get after the shooting because it's relevant to my interests. :dancingbanana: I gave up on skiing after knee surgeries took care of that fun. :faint:

4. Taterhead

Taterhead Nightshade

This should be some fun! I'm not looking to reinvent anything, but to capitalize on aome of the good work that others have done before me.

Yep, same G20 magazines. At first I'm going with no changes to the G20 except the barrel.

Skiing is something I've always enjoyed. I can definitely ski better than I shoot! Knocking on wood as I type this, but after 40ish years of skiing my knees are still great! A pretty good local hill is only 16 miles from downtown Boise. So it is almost too good to pass up this time of year.

Looking good to get out there Saturday.

DubfromGA likes this.
  5. ThomasM4

ThomasM4

Cool project, question any reason for wanting the .356" diameter over .355"?

6. Taterhead

Taterhead Nightshade

Not necessarily in my case. It was happenstance that this product was advertised at .356". Not necessarily the reason I bought them. I only mentioned it in case guys were seeking a .356" bullet to fit an oversized groove diameter.

DubfromGA and ThomasM4 like this.
  7. ss30378

ss30378

The lightweight bullets at high velocity have very little recoil in the dillon, you should be fine without changing anything keeping at sane levels. Once you move on up into the 147+ bullets is when I had to add some spring pressure with full loads. I ran bullets up to .358 diameter in the dillon without issue, just work up slowly.

I hit 2300fps with the 90xtp in my 7.25" barrel, that was with both blue dot and aa9. In my 6" LW barrel the same blue dot load went 2172fps for reference.

DubfromGA and Taterhead like this.
  8. cheygriz

cheygriz God Bless Trump

Should be an awesome load!

DubfromGA likes this.
  9. Taterhead

Taterhead Nightshade

Some range data is in the 9x25 sticky!

DubfromGA likes this.