9mm

Discussion in 'Caliber Corner' started by CC Glock, Feb 7, 2010.

1. CC Glock

CC Glock

One of my good friends used to be in the army. He was a demolitions expert. After Raegan became president he was placed in a small unit that traveled with the SS. When raegan would stay in a hotel the team was in charge of sweeping the hotel for bombs. While travling with the SS they were to carry 9mm. He was told that hollow points would skid up some windshields(they called them bouncing bullets) and was told to stack their mags. A hollow point then the standard round nose ball bullet then another hollow point and so on. In case they were to shoot into a car the round nose would break the windshield.

Have any of yall heard of this, or do this?

2. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Never heard that particular story but modern 9mm JHPs don't have any problem with auto glass, sheet metal, etc. Especially the bonded variety.

3. conpro

conpro

+1 on that.

4. SIGShooter

SIGShooter Hucklebucks

Your friend was BSing you on all accounts.

EOD soldiers are not allowed to carry weapons while on USSS duty (AKA VIPs) it violates Posse Comitatus. On top of that, we aren't vetted through the USSS to carry weapons in a Protective Detail. We are responsible to search for and either "Find or Function" IEDs. There were no "Small Special" units that were in charge of this. At the time (Back in the day) EOD units were known as Control Teams. They are now referred to as "Companies". These individual units would get tasked from VIPSA (Army unit in charge of tasking VIPs) and the designated units and teams would go to the detail. It is still the same way today except now EOD units are more mainstream Army being designated as Battalions, Companies, Platoons and Squads (Which is really unfortunate).

Ball ammo has more of a tendency to be deflected by windshields more than JHP ammunition. This has been proven many times all over the world.

5. CC Glock

CC Glock

he may be messing with me about the mags but i know for sure he was part of the presidential detail. Seen photos and news paper clippings.

6. SIGShooter

SIGShooter Hucklebucks

I was also part of those "Presidential Details". The only upside to them is Brazil, Argentina, Russia, Italy...well you get the picture. If he was in the Army he was not allowed to carry a gun. Never has been, never will be (Posse Comitatus). Not too mention, we are not vetted by the USSS to carry any type of weapon. Hell, when the protectee arrives, we aren't even supposed to be in the same room. Now, if he was an actual agent, that's a different story possibly a TSD agent? I'm just sayin...

None of my USSS friends that I have talked to have ever told me that. I just spoke with one today who was on detail towards the end of Nixon until Bush Sr. Other than getting to carry Uzis and the such, he never staggered any ammunition in his mags. What was issued is what you carried.