close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

9mm...which bullet weight

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Duane, Sep 16, 2002.

1. Duane

Duane Millennium Member

If you were going to get 9mm Fed. American Eagle for a GSSF match, would the 124FMJ be any better than the 115FMJ? I am thinking about the plates. I know they are calibrated for 115 gr., but would the slightly heavier bullet be of any advantage?

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Duane,

There's not that much difference. Shoot whichever you feel most comfortable with. The 124's will provide about a 3 point edge in power factor. The 115's match Glocks suggested minimum velocity of 1,180 fps. The 124's, at 1,120 fps fall just a little short of the suggested 1,148 fps. Again, the difference is minute.

3. Duane

Duane Millennium Member

Thanks DannyR,

That's the information I needed. Ammoman.com has AE9DP 10 boxes for $79.00. I may get them and that will give me enough for a few GSSF matches.

4. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

500 rounds is enough for a few matches? Man that's one days practice ammo! ;)

5. 21 shooter

21 shooter

For one gun! Duane, if you get a chance, try some of the 147's. I have shot a few of them, and they were accurate. Also, the white box Winchester is pretty good.

6. MFinch

MFinch Guest

If buying ammo and not reloading, don't overlook the Remington/UMC yellow box. Shoots well out of my 17 and 34.

7. Custom Glock Racing

Custom Glock Racing I did it first. Millennium Member

If shooting factory for GSSF my 1st choice is Triton Hi Master, expensive but it groups awesome. If you want something less expensive I would use PMC 115 JHP.

DOnt worry about knocking over steel, all factory loads will do it no prob. My handloaded 110PF 108gr loads do it easily

8. Duane

Duane Millennium Member

Thanks for the replies everyone. My G17 has never had a factory load fired in it. I have put about 2000 reloads thru it, but I thouhgt I would use factory for the Conyers match. I was a little concerned about the 115gr., but I think that you have put my mind at ease.