1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
14,520 Posts
Get one of each, then you won't ever get your panties in a wad. No one said you were limited to one (or even 10) calibers.

Must get pretty boring for those with only a single caliber to shoot. Sorta like having only one screwdriver in the toolbox.

·
Exploring Alternate Routes
5,429 Posts

·
NRA Benefactor
5,788 Posts
So is 9mm or .40 better? I've never really thought about it. Its fun how you can be on GT for 16 years, and yet new questions and issues rise to the surface that keep things fresh.

Just to recap the article:

"Do yourself a favor. Shoot both. A lot. Then decide."

And if you can handle the 40...

This has come up again because of improvements in 9mm ammunition that solved the failings of the previous generations of 9mm ammunition.

That being said, if you go with the new 9mm ammunition, you get another 2 to 3 rounds in a magazine with an ammunition that meets the accepted minimums for an effective round that is more controllable.

That does not change the fact that the 40S&W may be able to do things better or be even more effective using improved bullet technology.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
I own multiple calibers for different reasons. I've seen my fair share of ammo shortages and a few mag shortages in my lifetime. Different calibers means I can find something on the shelf if another shortage comes up. .380 I find nice for pocket carry. G42 Walther PPK, Sig P238. I like and trust 9mm because of the round count in the mags. .40/357 sig or .45. They all work and have a place, but the answer is what works best for you.

1 - 20 of 120 Posts