9mm conversion for G36

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by BuckeyeBlast, Mar 22, 2010.

1. BuckeyeBlast

BuckeyeBlast

Does anyone know if one exists?

2. 1-2man

1-2man Part Time

Yep, its called a Glock 19. :supergrin:

I don't believe so.

3. BuckeyeBlast

BuckeyeBlast

Man that sucks. Due to grip problems, I need to get a thinner gun, or at least one w/ a smaller trigger -backstrap circumfrence, but I really hate to leave Glock as they've functioned so well for me.

4. BlayGlock

BlayGlock

There is no conversion for it. There are no 9mm mags that fit it.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2010
  5. BuckeyeBlast

BuckeyeBlast

I know that, the conversion would have to incorporate a new mag.

6. butcher_block

butcher_block

would hav eot be full custom
    the mag might not be too hard but a custom barrel and most likly a slide too

i have been thinking abuut it and making a 9mm slide but i would want 2 barrels one 9mm and the other 9x23 jsut cause it would fit in the mag
    not anything that i would think about as a carry piece but jsut for range fun

Last edited: Mar 22, 2010
  7. Chevy327

Chevy327

It sounds like you may be a good candidate for a grip reduction.

Heritage in Austin

Robar

There are others. Try to get your hands on one that's already had a full grip reduction. It makes a difference. Many shooters are only dealing with very small margins which can make the difference between, "this will never work and this is acceptable (or even, this is good)"

It's hard to imagine that reducing the grip circumference would make much difference in "reach to the trigger", but I believe that the angle of your palm in relationship to the trigger is an important component of "reach to the trigger. This issue is addressed by a grip reduction. As you rotate the heel of your hand forward to similate a 1911 style flat backstrap, notice where your trigger finger goes. (It goes up toward the trigger, making for finger "available" for operating the trigger.)

Additionally, with the heel of my hand firmly against the traditional hump on the back of a Gen 3 Glock, I notice that the web of my hand is actually making fairly light contact with the top of the standard Glock grip. With a grip reduction or a flatter backstrap, the web of my hand is firmly indexed in the tang area (top rear) of the grip again placing more index finger forward toward the trigger.

Also try a G26 or G27 with a +2 floorplate. I find that the "hump" on those models fits neatly into the hollow part of my palm allowing the hand "rotation" described above. The +2 just makes the grip feel a little more complete, to me.

8. GotFour

GotFour

Actually its called "Kahr PM9" :whistling:

9. nostradumass

nostradumass Toten a 36

AS others say on here ...^^^^^this.:wavey:

10. Dave T

Dave T

Yea, more expensive and a crap shoot on if it will be functionally reliable. Good answer!

Dave

11. nostradumass

nostradumass Toten a 36

12. BuckeyeBlast

BuckeyeBlast

Oh I hear ya guys- see this thread I started yesterday: http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1200011

That's why I started this one, I'm trying to stick w/ my more trusted Glock brand (I've got a G26 and G34) before possibly purchasing something else. As in that thread I just linked to, my #1 concern is the reliability w/ the Kahr's.

13. GotFour

GotFour

Nothing like kicking up a little debate, but seriously, mine is a Glock family too. This includes a 36 and 26. No problems with either, but I wanted a single stack 9 that would fit in my pocket (my clothes are not made by Omar the Tent Maker so a Glock just wouldn't work). And the likelihood of Glock making such a piece seemed remote, so I chose the Kahr PM9. Any concerns I may had about reliability were put to rest with the attached 100 round "break-in" target.......no hicups. I would like to think it more due to their quality vs. luck of the draw. Then again, I have first gen. Kel Tecs, a 1911 and non Colt AR's with C-Products mags, all of which don't jam either. Luck? maybe, maybe not :supergrin:

14. BuckeyeBlast

BuckeyeBlast

VERY nice! Gun show this weekend, and I think I might be trying on some new outfits. :supergrin:

BTW guys, I'm going to try to start a thread tonight showing my grip on my Glock and see if you guys agree that it's just to big for me. No making fun of my girl hands. :steamed:

15. seaswol

seaswol NRA Life Member

I thought it was a Taurus "Slim" 709:rofl:
    Chris