Glock Talk banner

9MM Blue Bullets, .355 or .356?

402 Views 10 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  Glock Commander
I have been shooting the 135 Gr. 9mm Blue Bullets that are sized to .355 with decent accuracy. I have been thinking about trying the same bullet that they offer sized .356 to see if the accuracy was better. Has anyone tried the .356 dia bullets? Just curious if this would be an improvement. I see they offer some smaller quantities for sale that may be a way to try them out but thought I would ask here first.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
40,451 Posts
I am surprised the make 0.355. Those of us shooting lead or coated lead have always known you bump 0.001” minimum. I get best accuracy across multiple guns shooting 0.357”, many go to 0.358” but you may have issues in mixed brass.

· Registered
1,555 Posts
I don't know anything about Blue Bullets as I normally cast my own. With a LONG history of bullet casting and shooting, I have learned that lead bullets are not the same as jacketed.
Lead bullets give better accuracy when they are sized larger than the bore. This forces them to conform to the lands and grooves.
You definitely need to use the .356" bullet. But bear in mind, this may not give better accuracy than the .355" bullets. There are many factors that go into cast bullet load development. Just like with jacketed bullets, some guns just will not shoot some bullets- it's a trial and error process. Ultimately, you will find that the oversize bullet works, or you end up with a different brand of bullet.
Start with the sample pack of bullets you mentioned, and don't hesitate to try a different weight of bullet.
Good luck!

· Registered
G19.5, G20.4, GP100, SP101, SBH, Mini 14. ARs. CZ clones.
452 Posts
I don't know anything about Blue Bullets as I normally cast my own. With a LONG history of bullet casting and shooting, I have learned that lead bullets are not the same as jacketed.
Lead bullets give better accuracy when they are sized larger than the bore. This forces them to conform to the lands and grooves.
You definitely need to use the .356" bullet. But bear in mind, this may not give better accuracy than the .355" bullets. There are many factors that go into cast bullet load development. Just like with jacketed bullets, some guns just will not shoot some bullets- it's a trial and error process. Ultimately, you will find that the oversize bullet works, or you end up with a different brand of bullet.
Start with the sample pack of bullets you mentioned, and don't hesitate to try a different weight of bullet.
Good luck!
Dead center bulls-eye!

· Registered
40,451 Posts
To be sure slug your bore to help know what the barrel wants. Some CZ clone folks run .357 in their 9mm.
Honestly, not slugging the bores on a 1/2 dozen of more pistols in a given caliber. I just go with 0.001" over jacketed in a given caliber. I tried 0.356, 0357 & 0358 in several diff 9mm. They all shot fine. The slight edge goes to0.357" in a couple., so all my ammo is loaded that way. For revos, cyl throat is more important the bore size. So I do pin gage my revos. Some I have opened cyl up onbecasuye they were bore dia or slightly smaller.

· Registered
40,451 Posts
Coated should be .356", jacketed .355"
Minimum. Then plated, well I get best results with 0.356". SOme plated are nor diff than coated.

Reactions: Glock Commander

· Registered
8,591 Posts
I used X-Treme Bullets. The plated 124 grain is advertised as 0.355 and the plated 135 and 147 are 0.356

I prefer the 124 grain in my Glocks.

• Sad
Reactions: Yard Sale
1 - 11 of 11 Posts