close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

.99 a pound country style pork ribs a great deal?

Discussion in 'Food Forum' started by 97guns, Mar 3, 2006.

1. 97guns

97guns

my local safeway stores have them at this price untill wed. of this coming up week and i think its a great deal, just wondering what kind of pricing/deals you guys may be encountering on the right hand side of the usa. here in california i think this may be an all time low considering the high prices of gas nowadays, just wish i had more room in the freeze.!!!!

2. Dandapani

Dandapani

Seems like a good price if not too fatty. Perhaps the traditionalist don't like it, but I like that particular rib cut.

3. 97guns

97guns

nope not too fatty at all, i think its actually the prok butt cut in a different dirrection if im not mistaking, i dont mind it at all especially at .99

4. groundhawg

groundhawg

i think that they are one of the best deals going. ive fed a bunch of friends for 15 bucks. you can use them any way you want. i really like to sear them over a high heat grill and then slowly cook them over indirect heat. tender juicy and delicious. ive also fried them like a chop and them cut them up for sandwichs. ive got some thawing in the fridge even as i type.....

5. groundhawg

groundhawg

if you like to marinate meat, this is a good cut to use to experiment with new marinades. try a pound or two in various marinades and if you dont like it, "oh well" your only out a couple bucks.......

6. noway

noway

That's a good price ;)

My local grocery store have these on sale at the same price along with pork shoulder ( whole ) for .99 or sometimes walmart might have them at $.69.