92FS

Discussion in 'Beretta Club' started by mc1911, Jul 5, 2018.

1. kjphilippona

kjphilippona

The OEM grips are to thick for my hands, I tried Beretta wood grips but they were still to thick. I purchased an M9A3, grip is thinner and dbl and single action trigger pull is amazing :) What and were did you purchase your G10 grips?

2. ShipWreck

ShipWreck Beretta 92 Nut!

On the 92FS, they are a tiny bit thicker. I have small hands, though. And, I only like 92 models with rubber grips. Just the rubber grip panels are not much bigger. The wrap arounds with the finger grooves DO make the grip larger. I can't use those...

[​IMG]

On the M9A3 - I find the M9A3 with the conversion grip to actually be a tiny bit smaller than a normal 92FS with regular Hogue grip panels.

[​IMG]

3. mc1911

mc1911

Amazon

kjphilippona likes this.
  4. Kladdagh

Kladdagh 9mm Kind of Guy

BTW ... the 92FS is my favorite gun ever ... fun, accurate, simple, reliable ... what do you expect ???

Bus007 and kjphilippona like this.
  5. pike bishop

pike bishop finishes it...

my italian...

[​IMG]

getting bug past several months for either something 96ish or maybe a m9a1. not an exceptionally practical platform for my particular needs, but just about the plain most enjoyable pistol in stable regardless.

6. WPGlocks

WPGlocks

7. Rusty Guns

Rusty Guns

I like the 92FS, it is a good, solid, pistol. It is also a safe pistol. I just don't Like the Two Speed Trigger.
    I carried one for Ten Years, the same one, issued to me, and it was mine. No one else carried, shot, cleaned, it but me.
    I did not like the Double Action Trigger, Single action was fine.
    From the draw, it was Double action, you had to remember that and be ready for it, or you would throw first round to the right, or Right, and Low. Not off the paper, but maybe off the target.
    I have had 3 or 4 of them, even bought an FS-96 one time.
    They would sit in my safe, being shot ever so often, as they should. Just not high on my keeping order. When something else came along that was a good deal or I liked better away the Beretta went.

slamdunc likes this.
  8. Will Rudy

Will Rudy

I got an FS brand new from Palmetto Armory and it malfunctioned after only 4 rounds!!! staked pin came loose and had to send to Beretta for repair. Guess there's always at least one lemon in a bunch. After it was fixed, I sold it and never bought another one. No confidence.

View: https://youtu.be/6nHrGGJja9c

Last edited: May 27, 2020
  9. slamdunc

slamdunc JAFO

Apparently, I cheated during quals with my issues M-9. As we prepared for the first string, I discreetly cocked them hammer and between strings, I did not de-cock it.

I’m just glad I never had to go to battle with the Beretta, I would have been at a disadvantage on the first shot.

10. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member CLM

18rd Mec Gar mag? Nice.

:cool:

pike bishop likes this.
  11. pblanc

pblanc

Traditional hammer-fired, double-action (DA/SA) pistols are not for everyone. But if you are using the pistol only as a range toy or even shooting in the service pistol competitions at the National Matches at Camp Perry you never have to fire a shot in double action ever.

You could in fact be engaged in a gunfight in which you shot off several loaded magazines and never have to fire more than one shot in double action. But if you anticipate possibly using the pistol in self-defense, you do need to work on the double action trigger pull and the double action to single action trigger transition. The learning curve is somewhat higher than for a striker-action or single-action pistol to be sure.

slamdunc likes this.
  12. Rusty Guns

Rusty Guns

Yes to be good with the 92FS, or M9, you need lots of practice with the first round. With lots of practice, you can get to the point of shooting all rounds good.
    I did, and had an instructor accuse me of cheating, said I was cocking the hammer before firing. I was getting a perfect score each time. I told him there was nothing out here worth me cheating. Told him lets go back out to the range, and I'll shoot it all over again, and he can watch every shot, and I'll still shoot 100 percent. I probably would have dropped a couple, as I was tired. He backed down. He apologized the next day..

DonGlock26 likes this.
  13. Critch

Critch

How do you like that M9A3? I've been thinking that would be a neat pistol to own...

14. Rusty Guns

Rusty Guns

I have had one of each, both brand new, and I don't remember anything standing out between the two of them. Of course it was about six months between them.

15. kjphilippona

kjphilippona

I traded it off a while back for a SIG 1911!

16. 9mmskng

9mmskng

My Black M9A3 is the ONLY 9mm I kept! Simply AMAZING!

kjphilippona, WPGlocks and slamdunc like this.
  17. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member CLM

Anyone here use the factory 20rd mags? I bought 4 L/E marked 20rd mags back around 1997ish.
    20200530_090413.jpg
    These 20rd mags have always been reliable and easy to load. I had a chance to get 3 brand new 20rd mags. I tried loading one of my new mags, I couldn't load more than 10rds!. I don't use a mag loader. Using a mag loader I managed to get 15rds in. The tension inside the mag was so tight, I couldn't load the first round in the chamber. The slide would just stop with the first round halfway out of the magazine.

I tried the other 2 and had the same problem. Taking the base plate off was a PITA. My older 20rd mags are very easy to take apart and clean. Once I got the mag apart, a "30rd" mag spring comes out.
    20200530_090657.jpg
    It is the top spring. Not only is it longer, it is much thicker and doesn't bend much at all. I tried contacting Beretta, but it was a waste of time.

I took one of my 15rd mags apart and used the spring. I was surprised it worked very well! I decided to get new springs. I decided on Wolf 15rd +10% springs. 20200530_091316.jpg
    They work perfectly in the 20rd mag!!

I bought my Beretta in 1992.

:thumbsup:

18. Pistol Pete 10

Pistol Pete 10

I have a SS 92FS, a made in USA gun going on 20 years. It is a real good gun. The only problem with it was it shot low, Beretta told me they didn't care when I called them. I bought a taller rear sight from Koenig and all's well, a few years ago I sent it to Wilson to convert it to decocker only.
    It shoots well for me, always has. I still prefer the 1911 gun more. I also have tried a Glock, it does not work for me, the trigger eats my trigger finger and the Glock seems to have twice the recoil of the Beretta.
    I've not bought any other Beretta guns because of the "I don't care" attitude".

19. pike bishop

pike bishop finishes it...

[​IMG]

:D

WPGlocks and Glockdude1 like this.