Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
This is my first post since buying a Glock 19, I hope i'm posting in the right area.
First gun I've owned.
Where can I buy 9 mm ammo at a good price, first box of ammo purchased with gun was Blazer Brass, 9 mm luger 115 gr fmj 5200.
I know I need lots of practice and would appreciate any suggestions you many have.
Thanks,
Bailey

·
Premium Member
6,333 Posts
Online: Cheaper than Dirt.com (Don't buy any of that Russian made, steel case stuff)
Also don't buy Max Tech (Sounds like Mag Tech......but lousy!) Blazer works, just look out for the real bargain basement stuff. Like anything else, you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
11,272 Posts
if you want inexpensive remanufactured ammo that has very good quality, i suggest ammovalley. don't buy from FedArm. i made a thread about Fedarm and you can see the contrast between Ammovalley and FedArm remanufactured ammo.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Good comments above re: AmmoSeek and Freedom. I seldom buy ammo, but have found that SGAmmo has a good variety at good prices. Your local WallyWorld likely has decent prices if you are buying locally.

BTW, welcome to GT! Be sure to introduce yourself in the intro section.

·
Registered
10,978 Posts
Hi,
This is my first post since buying a Glock 19, I hope i'm posting in the right area.
First gun I've owned.
Where can I buy 9 mm ammo at a good price, first box of ammo purchased with gun was Blazer Brass, 9 mm luger 115 gr fmj 5200.
I know I need lots of practice and would appreciate any suggestions you many have.
Thanks,
Bailey
Get remanufactured 9mm ammo from Freedom Munitions. They are all I use for practice ammo. I'd suggest switching to 124 grain though. It's the better bullet weight for 9mm, and you should practice with the weight you use.

They have a sale going on right now I think.

·
Elite Member
6,661 Posts
Hi,
First gun I've owned.
Thanks,
Bailey
If at Walmart get either of the Winchester White Box rounds or the Federal Champion rounds. Both can he bought for less than $20/100 in my area. A great deal as far as I'm concerned. I have thousands of rounds of the stuff and they both work well.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Shooting sport Blue Shooting Sport venue Recreation
Another +1 for Freedom reman ammo

Was at the range yesterday trying out two different weights of FREEDOM 9mm slugs—135 gr and 147 gr. Glock 19, stock everything. Conditions——100% humidity, I had biscuits for breakfast, had gotten up at 2AM to go duck hunting (shot horribly-only winged one!,...... so I went to range to make myself feel better).

This target is 4 groups of 5rounds each shot over 7- 10 sec at 7yds. Grouped vertically.....ie: aiming groups sequentially.... 5 rounds at the #7, then 8, then 9, and then bullseye

Shots at the #7,# 8, and bullseye were 147 gr Freedom reman.
Shots at #9 we’re 115gr IMI to compare.
.....and yes, really FIVE shot groups at 7, 8, and bullseye!......and was witnessed.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Get remanufactured 9mm ammo from Freedom Munitions. They are all I use for practice ammo. I'd suggest switching to 124 grain though. It's the better bullet weight for 9mm, and you should practice with the weight you use.

They have a sale going on right now I think.
I'm definitely on board with Freedom Munitions for pistol calibers (not to be confused with Freedom Ammunition). Best value (quality for price) I've found.

I bought 6k-10k rounds a year from them for 3yrs. You have to take advantage of the free or flat rate shipping offers and they'll also run weekly sales. They currently have free shipping over $49 and 5% off all ammo.

Once you shoot 124gr you'll never go back to 115gr.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I've shot 5-6k rounds of Blazer mostly, Sellier & Bellot, Federal American Eagle, and a little Magtech. I've shot this across two Glocks and a Shield with ONE failure to feed. Fiocchi is another reliable brand.

www.ammoseek.com is a great resource if you're careful of the rip-off outfits who show a low cost-per-round but nail you on shipping. A 1k round case should ship for ~$16 or less. The good providers I've had experience with are:
MidwayUSA
Outdoor Limited
South Georgia Outdoors
SGAmmo
Gunbuyer.com

·
Registered
568 Posts
Freedom munitions is what I use. I reload my own now but I used them exclusively until now. I still buy some of their 45acp every now and then.

I have never had an issue with any if their ammo be it new or reman. I have had a couple out of every thousand reman that felt a little on the light side, but never a failure of any kind.

It's also about the cheapest I've found for brass cased ammo. In fact, the majority of my brass is their xtreme head stamp.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Hi,
First gun I've owned.
Thanks,
Bailey
Too many failures to cycle with underpowered 115 grain “white box.” I use this term generically. It applies to any brand, Independece (Federal), UMC, Winchester, etc.

Use 124 grain NATO. Runs good. Glocks love it, as do every other good quality 9mm on the market.

Good quality 9mm does not include junk like (dis)Honor(able) Defense, etc.

Good quality 9mm includes Beretta, Browning, Colt, CZ, Glock, HK, Ruger, SIG Sauer, S&W, Walther, and others approved and adopted by military forces or police forces in Europe or the US.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
It's a glock the cheaper the better. Thousands of rounds latter you will have saved enough to buy another one, and your glock will be fine.
I put in the neighborhood of 30k of NATO ball through a g19 in just a couple of years and it ran like a top. NATO ammo is a touch hotter than other target ammo, and hypothetically would cause more wear.
Glocks are ONE of the most durable guns available, which is why they are so commonly issued to police and military around the world.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts