Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like 1993. Gen 2.
You can call Glock and they will tell you. They are very helpful.
I left a message with Glock and did not get a return of call yet. The Message tells you not to leave repeat messages.

I thought gen 2's had two (2) "pins" where as the one in this photo has one "pin"?

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
I left a message with Glock and did not get a return of call yet. The Message tells you not to leave repeat messages.

I thought gen 2's had two (2) "pins" where as the one in this photo has one "pin"?
That's a two pin gun. Later had three pins.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's a two pin gun. Later had three pins.
The one in your photo has two pins. One of the pins is just barely covered up with that grip sleeve.
You guys have better eyes than I do. I am just looking at the photos because a friend has the firearm in his safe for me at the moment. Thanks for the Info. What is a fair price for this with a couple clips and a box?

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
The one in your photo has two pins. One of the pins is just barely covered up with that grip sleeve.
Additionally, the number of pins does not determine Gen1 vs Gen2. It’s a difference in grip texturing. You mentioned “C” in your post but from what I can see on my phone, I don’t see a “C” beside the 17 on the slide roll mark. Pretty sure it’s just a Gen2 17.

It doesn’t appear to have the original box, manual or accessories. As a Gen2 G17 by itself, I would consider it a shooter and not a collectible (at least not currently). Value should be the same as any used G17.

FWIW, I think the Gen2 17 is one of the best shooting models Glock ever made. It’s the first Glock I ever owned and remains one of my all time favorites!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 58sniper

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Remove the rubber grip sleeve and it will be obvious you have a Gen2.

Are you sure it is a C? I do not think they made a C in Gen2.
Zooming in on the pics it’s just a 17.
I am not exactly sure if it is a C or G or no letter ... all I have right now to go by myself are the photos ... and I think I need some numbers off of the top of the firearm? Thanks.

·
21,402 Posts
Remove the rubber grip sleeve and it will be obvious you have a Gen2.

Are you sure it is a C? I do not think they made a C in Gen2.
Electronic device

·
Registered
135 Posts
In my mind yes. No Tupperware case or manual. Just 2 magazines and a extended mag (Glock? Or China? Made).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
In my mind yes. No Tupperware case or manual. Just 2 magazines and a extended mag (Glock? Or China? Made).
Thanks for the information. I think all the magazines are glock made ... but, like I said, the gun is not in my possession at the moment to get and see (I'M FROM MISSOURI - SHOW ME ;)- the extra details I need to see. You have all been great with the knowledgeable, confident and quick responses. I really appreciate that. Thank You ... ALL!

·
Registered
135 Posts
C stands for compensated.
The pic you have is just a standard 17
In my pics is most everything a 17 should come with. Tupperware case, loader,brush, brush rod and manual, 3 mags, etc. without those value goes down significantly. Case must have sticker to match. This is why I valued it at 300ish. Hope this helps.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts