Glock Talk banner

9 MM Glock C 17 Exact Year, Model, Generation and Value?

1K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  1cm 
#1 ·
How do I find the exact Year?, Model? and Generation? of a 9MM C 17 Glock with Serial number ANG312 so I can get an approximate value on the firearm? Any and all help appreciated?
Gun Trigger Gun accessory Airsoft gun

See less See more
#6 ·
That's a two pin gun. Later had three pins.
The one in your photo has two pins. One of the pins is just barely covered up with that grip sleeve.
You guys have better eyes than I do. I am just looking at the photos because a friend has the firearm in his safe for me at the moment. Thanks for the Info. What is a fair price for this with a couple clips and a box?

#9 ·
The one in your photo has two pins. One of the pins is just barely covered up with that grip sleeve.
Additionally, the number of pins does not determine Gen1 vs Gen2. It’s a difference in grip texturing. You mentioned “C” in your post but from what I can see on my phone, I don’t see a “C” beside the 17 on the slide roll mark. Pretty sure it’s just a Gen2 17.

It doesn’t appear to have the original box, manual or accessories. As a Gen2 G17 by itself, I would consider it a shooter and not a collectible (at least not currently). Value should be the same as any used G17.

FWIW, I think the Gen2 17 is one of the best shooting models Glock ever made. It’s the first Glock I ever owned and remains one of my all time favorites!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 58sniper
#18 ·
C stands for compensated.
The pic you have is just a standard 17
In my pics is most everything a 17 should come with. Tupperware case, loader,brush, brush rod and manual, 3 mags, etc. without those value goes down significantly. Case must have sticker to match. This is why I valued it at 300ish. Hope this helps.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.