close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

8lb Carry Trigger?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by russelldehart, Jul 18, 2012.

1. russelldehart

russelldehart El Tamalon

I recently purchased an Indianapolis Metro PD trade in G23 and it has a "+" connector which as I understand it yields an 8# trigger pull. (It is noticeably heavier than my G27 with a well broken in stock trigger) A friend of mine who is in the force says the brass thinks it makes them safer. My question is does anyone use the 8# connector in their carry piece?

Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
  2. Doughnutman_923

Doughnutman_923

I used one for a couple weeks.

The trigger was slightly more crisp....but I didn't like it after using it a little more.

3. mike jm

mike jm

Not me. That's heavy! The stock Glock trigger is fine for me.

4. David_Ely

David_Ely GAP'r

My Detroit PD G22 came with NY1 spring and standard connector. In my Gen3 GLOCKS I run a "-" connector and NY1 spring. Makes for a nice crisp trigger pull just slightly heavier than the standard connector and spring but not as mushy feeling. My Gen4 is stock.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

5. CDW4ME

CDW4ME

I've got a NY trigger (8#) in my carry pistols.
    Prevents me from popping off a 2nd round unless I intend to.

6. unit1069

unit1069

I have been thinking of installing a NY-1 trigger. How much does it affect accuracy compared to the stock Glock trigger?

7. papajohn

papajohn

ny1's in both my carry pieces

8. gunsup

gunsup Junior Member

What he said!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

9. russelldehart

russelldehart El Tamalon

Sounds like most of you guys are using the 8# trigger spring which I've heard good things about in conjunction with the 3.5# connector. I may have to pay a visit to my LGS and see if they'll sell me a NY1 trigger spring and "-" connector just to experiment with it.

10. RLZIII

RLZIII

With good trigger control, installing a NY1 trigger spring shouldn't decrease accuracy. Some say that it actually increases accuracy by creating more of a "surprise" trigger break.

I did a few range trips with the NY1 trigger spring installed. I didn't mind it all that much. After a hundred rounds or so it definitely seems to get heavy. My accuracy wasn't increased or decreased. I ultimately decided not to carry it as I didn't feel that it created any benefit to me.

I also have a NY2 trigger spring that I temporarily tried out on one of my GLOCKs. While I never took it to the range that way (I will at some point), there's a big difference between the NY1 and NY2. The NY2, even with good trigger control, I could see effecting accuracy. I won't know for sure though until I actually try it out.

As to the original part in question: I have a "+" connector as well. I haven't used it at the range, but when I installed it in my carry gun to check it out, I didn't actually notice a huge difference in trigger pull weight.

11. tercel89

tercel89

I got a Tampa Florida Police Dept Gen 2 G17 . It had a "+" connector in it and it was a heavy trigger pull. I put in a regular Glock connector and it is back to normal.
    My carry gun off duty and on duty has the normal 5.5lb connectors. Why have a heavy trigger in there ? I hate em , I kinda wished our dept used the connectors in the 34's and G35's :cool: They are safe , you just have to keep your trigger area clear .

12. CDW4ME

CDW4ME

:dunno:

I don't shoot for groups (anymore) in the way that most people do.
    Most (if not all) of my shooting is focused on double taps at 6-7 yards.

I will say, that once I got use to the 8# trigger I shot one with a regular 5# and it seemed to break too soon / easy.