close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

870 SPS vs. 1300 Universal Hunter?

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by Cannonball, Feb 22, 2003.

1. Cannonball

Cannonball

I'm looking for a "do-it-all" shotgun and was wondering what some others thought of these for all around use including turkey, upland, waterfowl, etc. My other thought is to go for an inexpensive 870 synthetic from walmart for 250.

Thanks.

2. LovemyGlock's

LovemyGlock's

I love Winchester shotguns, I own three 1300's and one SX2. The 1300 is the fastest pump on the market and will do anything you need it to. The reason I own so many is because the first one I bought (in 7th grade) was the Defender with a 18 in bbl and a seven round mag. Great for home defense, deer hunting and pheasant hunting. The next one I bought was specificly for deer and turkey hunting, it has a 22 in bbl and I mounted a four power shotgun scope on it and bought a turkey choke for it. The third 1300 I got from my wife as a present, it is a deer hunter model with a rifled bbl and Tru-Glow sights. My SX2 came along when I really got into duck hunting. Would I really need four Winchesters? No, a 1300 with a couple of bbls would do everything I need, but it is nice having extras.;f :) ;f

3. tjpet

tjpet

All steel action, tough, aftermarket accessories out the wahzoo, one hell of a 53 year old reputation. No contest, the Remington 870.

4. Pred8tory

Pred8tory Retired Copper Lifetime Member

There's a reason why the 870 is the shotgun of choice among most police agencies. It's economical, shoots straight and takes a lot of abuse and neglect and keeps on going.

5. safetyslug

safetyslug Hogs Beware

Don't look to far past a Benneli Nova. IMHO one of the best bargins out there. I have one and I love it. Its tough and has some nice features.

6. glocknroll9

glocknroll9

These are both good guns but I just sold a 870 and I'm looking for a new 1300! I normally had a 1300 but I thought I'd try the 870 worked fine but I prefer my safety in front of the trigger. Just my opinion!
    Kurt

7. jamieray

jamieray

the nova rattles like it is falling apart
    get the 870 they can take more abuse the u can ever dish out, the are kinda like the glock of shoutguns

8. Cannonball

Cannonball

Went ahead and picked up an 870 Synthetic at Walmart for 250. With the cash I saved from going with the inexpensive model I was able to get a Ruger 5" MKII for plinking around! Thanks for the help.

JH

9. safetyslug

safetyslug Hogs Beware

I totally disagree. Both my Nova's are well built and have served me well for hunting Duck, Pheasent and Turkey.