Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Cerakote is tough stuff. Have a few shotguns I run during waterfowl season that are coated and it’s worth every penny. Great looking shotgun!

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Older picture, but you get the idea. Have to admit, it doesn't look like this anymore. The police walnut looks good, but the solid rubber butt pad is a killer on the shoulder. The 870 now sports Hogue stock and forend. Your stock set up with the Rem supercell butt pad is hard to beat if you actually to shoot the thing.

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@FatAlbert did it. HiLand Arms . Highly regarded as a quality outfit around here.

That sounds like shilling. Afraid I have ZERO financial connections to the firearms world. Just showing off what I consider to be the peak of meticulous work when it comes to cerakote.

This elite series is awesome. It’s like the action is slicked up substantially. I believe it will have good lubrity. Going to run a box of shells through her tomorrow hopefully.

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
You should.get the black hawk adjustable pistol grip stock. Aim has em on clearance for $15. I just got one. Seems pretty solid.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Older picture, but you get the idea. Have to admit, it doesn't look like this anymore. The police walnut looks good, but the solid rubber butt pad is a killer on the shoulder. The 870 now sports Hogue stock and forend. Your stock set up with the Rem supercell butt pad is hard to beat if you actually to shoot the thing.
i found the same stock set up in the bin at my lgs for $20. I couldn’t pass it up and it fit nice on my 870 express. Agreed the rubber butt pad is brutal, especially with 3” loads.

·
Lean & Mean
15,628 Posts
Very nice. I like it better than the standard one with the mag extension.

Reactions: Mr Meeseeks

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
James at Hiland Arms does AWESOME Cerakote work--Thanks for sharing that! :)

·
Brew Crew
28,965 Posts
Looks good!

I sold my newer production 870 to a buddy last year or so. Wanted to like it but it was like a workout compared to my newer Winchester SXP and Stoeger HD shotgun.

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Looks good!

I sold my newer production 870 to a buddy last year or so. Wanted to like it but it was like a workout compared to my newer Winchester SXP and Stoeger HD shotgun.
Yeah this one is punishing to shoot. Wish I could order some tacticool low recoil shells. All I have are some Remington high brass 00 and slugs. I know my technique and shotgun skills are my weakest area, maybe with time I’ll learn to mitigate some of the recoil using a push-pull hold. Maybe I’ll learn to hit stuff eventually.

I’m not sure what advantages if any this thing has over a 16” AR with a good 1x4 on top. But it’s easier to carry and I love the relatively small footprint. Shotgun has a simplistic elegance. Going to get a box of cheapo low brass birdshot for a little practice up close later this morning.

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Yeah this one is punishing to shoot. Wish I could order some tacticool low recoil shells. All I have are some Remington high brass 00 and slugs. I know my technique and shotgun skills are my weakest area, maybe with time I’ll learn to mitigate some of the recoil using a push-pull hold.
Have a torn rotator cuff and into my 6th decade, so my 870 beats the crap out of me too. Federal has fite control "OO" 8 pellet (1 oz.) low recoil (1175 fps) that I keep it loaded and ready to go with. Using that with the push-pull hold, 20 or more rounds is not a problem. Anything more than that and the Marines better be air dropping in to save my a$$.
Had my old soft shooting 1100 sitting around and decided it would make a good HD tool too, and a whole bunch easier on my shoulder. Cut a old spare barrel I had, some synthetic furniture and added a mag extension. Very pleased when it cycled the Federal low recoil shells with no hiccups. I can shoot it all day.
I still think a shotgun is an excellent HD tool. I'm in suburbia with a 1/3 acre. Easily in shotgun range. And as a civilian, 2 or 3 rounds is most likely all I'll ever fire. If not, see the aforementioned Marines.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts