86'd Facebook today

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by MoreMonkeyThanMan, Jan 21, 2020.

1. pizza_pablo

pizza_pablo USN Retired

I've had a FB account, for a while, but didn't really do much with it, then got in touch with many guys from my first ship. It's been really cool catching up and keeping track. I'm astounded than we all turned out conservative.
    I have an alternative app, on my phone, called Friendly. It works about the same, but doesn't mind data, at least not for FB. I turn off Notifications, so I don't get drawn there. I check in when I've got nothing better to do.
    For a long time I had only 13 friends. I don't know how many I now have. I should pair that down...a lot.

2. rock_castle

rock_castle Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness

As I said, I'm not on it and I don't care.

treg, WABOOM and Intolerant like this.

3. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

Yet you keep posting. HH

hurley842002 likes this.
  4. mdlott

mdlott

Does one "flounce" if they choose to leave Facebook?

5. J_Rico

J_Rico

I watch TV. I love TV. And I eat fast food. Just found out that Hardee's brought back their roast beef sandwich. That was dinner. I also shop at Walmart. I am pretty darn common.

I do not FB. Mainly because it cut into my TV time. All those people trying to be involved in my life and wanting me to comment on pics of their kids. "Leave me alone people. Star Trek is on!!"

lazarus66 and Intolerant like this.
  6. GlockFan7

GlockFan7

I use it to keep track of family and friends, literally, around the globe. I don't involve myself with all the nonsense that goes on besides.

lazarus66 likes this.
  7. Intolerant

Intolerant

rotflmao.... i know, right??? LOL ;)
    But the truth of the matter is, way to many people air their dirty laundry on the internet, such as places like fakebook. I`ve watched & seen what these type of sites do to people. Its just sad.

Sometimes, people just want to get thru the day without having to weed thru all the drama to get to where they wanna go. I dont see the points that some make when they say just block-n-lock your (FB) page either. If you have to do all this scrambling around to stop this or stop that, what the hell is the point in even having it to start with.

Another thing i dont like about fakebook, to many predators and sex perv`s out there snooping around in fakebook, and they ARE trying to get to your children. Thats just plain scary! Predators also watch for people going on vacations and whatnot... because, you know, people just gotta brag about everything they plan & do.

If they would crash the fakebook site, it wouldn`t hurt my feelings one bit. People should just get back to the good ole days when people interacted in person. Yup, some live far away... hey guess what, plan a damn trip then. All this kind of social media where people just blip in an out for 5 seconds, has really ruined alot of the way we all use to get together, in person, and enjoyed the good times. Now everybody is a fricken digital mess. Pretty soon, we wont even need to talk. We`ll just stare at dumb pictures all day long. Hell we cant even get people to put their damn cell phones down long enough to even drive their damn car properly.

Ok, end of rant ;)

8. Intolerant

Intolerant

ummmm yeah, that usually happens when somebody responds to your comment back to you. Its a respect thing to answer them back... no...? racerford commented to rockcastle, so rockcastle responded. Its not really rocket science.

9. Intolerant

Intolerant

LOL.... i`ve seen a few do it on my wifes when she had it.
    All i can say is, wowwwww, most left one hell of a smoke poo trial when they left... :laughing:

10. vikingsoftpaw

vikingsoftpaw DEPLORABLE ME!

I lurk on FB & follow about a dozen people, mostly from the old 'hood and school. I have a real life and i am allergic to the drama people bring to FB.

11. fg17

fg17

Not on it, but don't see anything wrong with it either. I look at my wife's sometimes.

One thing I've noticed. Web forums like these are slowly dying.

And the younger generation isn't using Facebook much. They're mostly using snap chat, Instagram, Twitter and a few other things.