80% G43 frame that takes Sig P365 mags

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by JBur, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Grabbrass

Grabbrass

Crusin' for chicks in aisle 7.

boilergonzo likes this.
  2. Indy_Tim

Indy_Tim

I love American ingenuity. This is the LS1 of the gun world. Stuff like this is what sets Americans apart. It does not matter as much about if it is needed but is more about how to bring the best attributes of two guns together. Can it be done? That’s the kind of thinking that makes America great.

boilergonzo and JBur like this.

3. halfmoonclip

halfmoonclip

A really clever idea, but many of us already have P365s.
    Maybe it's time for Glock to get off its tookas and consider some real improvements? Realize Gaston has gone a long way with his combat tupperware, but it's time to recognize that poly-uber-alles isn't always the right answer.
    As in the half-poly mags that add bulk to no good purpose.
    Moon

4. GlockyQ

GlockyQ

Yep, people are making too big of a deal about capacity of micro 9mm’s nowadays.

That said, there are many mag extensions available for the G43, and the majority of them seem to run reliably so long as the shooter does his part. If a particular extension does not work with a particular G43, one can always find another extension that works.

fg17 likes this.
  5. legalsten

legalsten

Not trying to be negative , But I think it is too little too late . My problem with it is the idea is good but I am never going to carry an 80% gun . I have a P80 and it works perfect so far . Would I carry it ? Nope !!!!

Now with the 43X and the 15 round magazine ( and mag catch ) where is the need ?

I carry a 43 most of the time with a plus one extension .

6. DJ Niner

DJ Niner Staff Member Moderator

Moved from General Glocking.

Just a quick note here...

When you change the serial-numbered frame on a pistol in the USA, you have actually changed the manufacturer, as in the U.S., the "frame" is (usually) considered "the gun" (there are a few exceptions, like the Ruger MK-I/II/III/IV, where the tubular barreled upper half has the serial number and is considered "the gun"). Based on this ruling, any threads about the non-Glock-made frames that use Glock parts should NOT be posted in General Glocking. The best fit for these discussions would probably be the General Firearms Forum, or, if it's a fit/function/troubleshooting-based thread, perhaps the Gunsmithing forum.

Thank you for your time, and I now return you to our regularly-scheduled thread, already in progress...

halfmoonclip likes this.
  7. Tomcat1977

Tomcat1977 Unapologetic Deplorable.

For me it works cause I put an expensive trigger/sights in my G43 and its had so many problems feeding it couldn't get worse. Plus I already have P365 mags. For $150 it would make it an even more useful range gun and since I think the problem with it is the lousy Glock magazines it would probably fix my FTF issues.

8. H&K .45 AUTO

H&K .45 AUTO Gunslinger

If it weren't for the capacity advantage, I see no reason to be carrying a 9mm. I like my P365, but it is a pocket gun. Anything bigger, or with lower capacity needs bigger boolitz to make me happy :D

halfmoonclip likes this.
  9. fg17

fg17

Not to get in this debate, but haven’t they kind of proven that their is little difference between the various service calibers as far as stopping power goes?

But that was not my point about capacity. One, on the very rare occasions that concealed carriers are involved in self defense shootings I’m not seeing a lot of instances where capacity is making a difference.

Two, I find it amusing that some are so fickle that they will drop a proven firearm that they have trained extensively with. Then go out and buy something else, along with all the gear. Holsters, mags, sights ect... just to get a few more rounds.

10. H&K .45 AUTO

H&K .45 AUTO Gunslinger

*They* say a lot of things. I have investigated a lot of shootings as a detective, and have been on both ends of hot lead exchanges. I am not convinced that the service calibers are all as clise in performance as many seem to think. I think the major shift is more about budgets, ease of training, and acknowledging that the difference in performance isn't large enough to justify the added cost for ammo and time to train a wide range of people.

As for civilian shootings and capacity, you are right in that very few that I have investigated involved more than a handful of rounds fired. Officer involved shootings I have worked on the other hand have all involved a lot more.

Either way, I subscribe to the idea that more ammo is a good thing, but only up to a point. Assuming two pistols each hold at least 10 or so rounds, I will gladly sacrifice a bit of capacity for bigger bullets.

Everyone has their preferences though, and I'm not sure there is a right or wrong answer.

DADoser, fg17 and yep380 like this.
  11. fg17

fg17

Thanks for the reply. You obviously have a lot of experience in dealing with shootings. My only experience with “stopping power” Is thirty five years of shooting big game, some of it dangerous. Different deal I’m sure.

As far as capacity. I would never base my small 9mm decision on capacity alone, just bought a 43. Mainly because I trust Glock and shoot GSSF comps. Not to mention due to my lifestyle, work history and background I am, have been, about 100 times more likely to need my fists/martial arts training than a gun for self defense.

I wonder if Taurus, keltec or hi point come out with something smaller that holds a couple more rounds people will start dumping their 365s and hellcats and calling them obsolete.:D

12. Mr Meeseeks

Mr Meeseeks

Poly 80 started selling completed, serialized frames. Maybe these guys will too. I wanna try one on a 48 slide!

13. H&K .45 AUTO

H&K .45 AUTO Gunslinger

Ernest Hemingway is credited with once having said "There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter".

Having spent my adult life doing just that, I would say that this was an accurate statement. It is like hunting a dangerous game animal such as a bear, except that the bear has human intelligence, opposable thumbs, and a gun of their own.

As for terminal performance, humans tend to compare well with medium sized game animals such as deer. As I am sure your experience as a hunter has proven... Gelatin is no substitute for flesh and bone, and all calibers are not created equal unless a shot to the brain occurs.

All facts considered, I prefer something more substantial than a 9mm for my own personal protection.

14. fg17

fg17

Experiences vary. But having killed hundreds of medium size game animals with everything from .243-45/70 I’d say all things being equal, bullet design and shot placement is number one, but yes bigger bullets make bigger holes. When you jump into thicker skinned dangerous game there is a minimum power floor for sure.

Unlike some humans, animals don’t just give up and die when shot, they don’t know there screwed and In deep trouble. But after a life time of physically dealing with violent men, I concur, man is generally many times more dangerous.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2020
  15. halfmoonclip

halfmoonclip

Personally, never expect to need a gun for defense, but feel much better with one all the same. No illusion of being a badass.
    Been carrying for 45 years, and have worked my way up the caliber ladder...from .25 to 9mm.
    The appeal of the P365 is its caliber and G42 size; even with six shot capacity it would be interesting. I thought the G43 was the answer to the question, but it's just enough bigger to not be pocketable.
    But hey, 10 rounds of a service caliber, reasonable recoil, why not? Not sure I see the benefit of transmorgifying a G43. Glocks work, SIGs work, no need to breed them.
    fg17, the notion of a high capacity, pocketable HiPoint almost put coffee on the keyboard. ;)
    Moon

DADoser and fg17 like this.