8 Year Old Eats "Father's" Meth And Dies.

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by fla2760, Aug 4, 2018.

1. fla2760

fla2760

This breaks my heart and enrages me. :steamed:

Godspeed little one.

https://www.wral.com/8-year-old-dies-after-mistaking-father-s-crystal-meth-for-cereal-/17745476/

8-year-old dies after mistaking father's crystal meth for cereal
    Posted 1:17 p.m. yesterday

JACKSON COUNTY, IND. — Police said an Indiana man did not get help for his young son after the boy accidentally ingested his father’s crystal meth, thinking it was cereal.

The 8-year-old boy was in the second grade, but police said his life ended because of his father and his father’s meth.

“Anybody that is a parent, you know, would be emotionally upset. It kind of hits home if you have kids,” Detective Tom Barker said.

According to documents, the boy told his father he was hungry on June 21. That’s when detectives believe the child started eating what he thought was cereal on a plate.
    Instead, the boy was eating his father’s crystal meth, consuming 180 times the lethal limit this is your worst nightmare as a parent,” said Jackson County Chief Deputy Prosecutor Jeffrey Chalfant.

Prosecutors said the boy’s father, Curtis Collman, who should have come to his son’s aid, did just the opposite.

They claim Collman threatened his friend at gunpoint if she called 911 for help and stopped his own parents from calling 911 too.

By the time they finally convinced Collman to allow them to call for help, it was too late. The boy was having seizures and convulsing.

“An 8-year-old child more than likely suffered for many hours,” Barker said.

Collman’s previous record includes trafficking and sexual misconduct with a minor. He has also taken police on a high-speed chase.

Thursday, Collman asked for a bond reduction so he can wait for trial at home while prosecutors ask for the maximum penalty.

“Fifty years would be nice,” Chalfant said.

Authorities said they will fight to keep Collman behind bars. He also faces charges for pointing a firearm, theft and failure to register as a sex offender

Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
  2. BMG22

BMG22

Have the Navy take him out into the middle of the ocean....drop him off, no raft or anything....

fatduk1963 likes this.

3. fistagon

fistagon

Glock 19...always the answer

4. 21 shooter

21 shooter

Even sharks have standards.

5. 21 shooter

21 shooter

A public hanging is more suitable. Perhaps just put him in general population in the prison. 48 hours should be sufficient. If he’s lucky.

fatduk1963 likes this.
  6. Geeorge

Geeorge Sarcasm Inc.

And just watched him turn blue and die

7. 21 shooter

21 shooter

Maybe use a bungee cord? That might extend entertainment time. Let him bounce around while turning blue.

8. Dragoon44

Dragoon44 Unfair Facist Lifetime Member

The father should be charged with homicide, and everyone in that house that took no action when they should have should be charged as accessory to the homicide.

A house full of adults none of whom thought anything about a plate full of meth being left within easy reach of a child?

Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
  9. Kentak

Kentak

Death by rats.

10. mrmike7189

mrmike7189

bet it was a nice family ....who leaves a plate of meth out.......poor kid....had ****ty parents

11. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

Not knowing situation. But he did have to use firearm, threats to prevent those n home from calling 911.
    We assume the plate was on kitchen table, where others would see it. It could have been in bedroom and while family likely knew he did drugs they may not have known what.
    I have given rides to neighbors, relatives I know do at least MJ. I tell them to check pockets before they get in my car. (Often when their car dies on road, I haul it to their home). Anything illegal goes in their car.

fatduk1963 likes this.
  12. fatduk1963

fatduk1963

If he makes it to prison put him in the same cell as Bubba and I will put the first $50 on Bubba's comasry books.

While I don't agree with crimes being committed against others, my moral compass as a father/grandfather , would allow me to sleep good over my actions.

People like this is why we NEED the death penalty.

13. mrmike7189

mrmike7189

Unfortunately, since the death was not intentional, he would not qualify for the death penalty.
    Will most likely get charged with negligent homicide and will end up with manslaughter .
    he'll do 10 years in prison at the most. Thats reality for you!