Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
chambered g26, gen 4 in deSantis superfly holster for front pocket carry.
would a 8 pound connector complete the safety regime?

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Training completes the safety regime. An 8 lb connector is overkill. Hell, I know people that run 3.5 lb connectors with the 25 cent trigger job as a daily CCW without any issues.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Have you ever shot a Glock with a 8lb connector? Fortunately parts are not expensive so if you have to switch it out, it won't be too painful.

·
Registered
244 Posts
The "+" connector is unnecessary for just about any application. If the pistol is in a proper holster inside your pocket, it WON'T go off unless your fingering the trigger...

If you simply can't get past the trigger weight issue, I'd recommend going with the NY1 trigger spring over the "+" connector myself.

Regards,

Kevin

·
Banned
466 Posts
You will find that the 8 lb connector will render a much more pronounced and trigger break point. You will also be able to feel the impending break point much easier. I do that set up in all of my Glocks and my accuracy has significantly improved. Picking up the reset point is also much improved for follow up shots.:wavey:

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
guys, thanks for the info,
i'll probably try a 8lb just to satisfy my safety/comfort zone.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
I tried the NY1 trigger in mine for at least 5 minutes. It didn't take me long to figure out that this is not for me. I run my carry guns @ 5 lb pull; not over, preferably not under. For target, less is fine.
S2

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
this is a forum so I'll give you my 2 cents...

an 8 lb connector is unsafe.

now, is this post a joke? tell us.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts