Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
A Simple Man
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at a gun show today near where I live and I seen 6 of the G18 33rd mags. I was like damn maybe I should buy them even though I don't own a 9mm Glock right now. Then I looked at the price. $75 was the price on the label above the mags. I was like WTF is that guy smoking. I can't believe that BS. Sometimes going to a gun show just pisses me off.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
I sold six G18 33rd mags for $250 EACH in 1998.

I doubt the currently proposed bills will go anywhere, but if another 'nothing over 10rds' law comes around, $75 will seem cheap.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I don't support hyper-inflation like that. Walk away.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
What a rip. I saw that price on one of the websites. I just laughed. I got one for $29.00 about two months ago, and even that was a rip. It is a novelty type thing. I only even bring it to the range, when I go with virgin shooters. They freak out when they see one. Takes too long to load, and view through ammo faster. Waste of money, but $75.00, that is a freakin crime. I hope no idiot, pays that price.

·
FYPM
5,596 Posts
Thank your fellow Glockers for that.
:headscratch: Come on, man....

Where do you come up with that? You're saying it is Glock consumers' fault that the government imposes an artificial supply shortage and prices rise?

·
Registered
265 Posts

Where do you come up with that? You're saying it is Glock consumers' fault that the government imposes an artificial supply shortage and prices rise?
In the end it's always the consumer. The vendor can't make you buy the item, it's when you do buy it that the problem continues.

News story happens
panic ensues, available stock dried up
New stock comes in with price-gouging
People who bought X item before hand sell it privately at equally-inflated prices. (and why not, capitalizing on people's fear is the American way)
People continue buying X at inflated price out of fear
Stays that way until hysteria settles down.

This happens all of the time. Do you think they would triple the price on something if no one was buying it, at all? I'm sure the percentage increase on sales for 33rd magazines skyrocketed after the story hit the news.

·
Registered
5,084 Posts

Its like if the weatherman says its going to snow, everybody runs out and buys up all the milk and breed in sight. The Government says ban and everybody runs out and buys up everything the they think the Government said they are going to TRY to ban.:upeyes: I think the Government should come out and say they are going to ban cars and trucks that way everybody will run out and buy new cars and trucks, that would help the economy...:supergrin:

·
Registered
1,198 Posts

It's price scalping and consumers play a part in that by paying the inflated price. Walk away from the sale and buy more G17/22/21/20 magazines.

·
Long Trail
2,476 Posts
Thank your fellow Glockers for that.

I kind of agree in a way. I have no issue with the pricing of such mags, if they sell at that rate, then that's the benchmark. The sky is falling mentality is what sets this all in motion, supply and demand sets the pricing. The ban isn't coming anytime soon folks, you may stop the buying frenzy at anytime.

·
Long Trail
2,476 Posts
Its like if the weatherman says its going to snow, everybody runs out and buys up all the milk and breed in sight. The Government says ban and everybody runs out and buys up everything the they think the Government said they are going to TRY to ban.:upeyes: I think the Government should come out and say they are going to ban cars and trucks that way everybody will run out and buy new cars and trucks, that would help the economy...:supergrin:

+1, panic buying.

·
Glock Sportsman
1,363 Posts
In my opinion, the 15rds and the 17rds magazines are more than enough. Those vendors are just plain greedy. I have seen some of them at the gun shows doing similar practices of over pricing (gouging) some items. Don't ever buy from these guys so that they get the message.

·
Long Trail
2,476 Posts
In my opinion, the 15rds and the 17rds magazines are more than enough. Those vendors are just plain greedy. I have seen some of them at the gun shows doing similar practices of over pricing (gouging) some items. Don't ever buy from these guys so that they get the message.
I don't consider it gouging/ greedy at all, if some uninformed person pays his crazy price, it sucks to be that stupid. Gunshows are not known for getting good deals anyways, those days are gone.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts