Glock Talk banner

6lb Trigger return spring + standard connector

670 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  JBP55 
#1 ·
Hello, has anyone tried this? I like my trigger in my Gen 4 G19 but its just a bit heavy so I thought the 6lb trigger return spring would just the answer.

Thanks,
MB

#3 ·
I have to agree with JBP55, the spring alone only gives a slight difference. I put a 3 1/2 connector in my G23 first and liked the feel but still wanted it a bit lighter. After shooting a few hundred rounds with the lighter connector installed, I replaced the 5# spring with the 6# spring. I could tell a slight difference, but not very much. It actually put my trigger feel right where I wanted it - not too light, and still crisp.

#4 ·
I installed a 6lb trigger, didnt notice a difference. The 3.5lb connector helped some. But what made the most difference was a 4lb striker spring. That being said, I wouldnt use one, I had two lightstrikes out of about 150 rounds, which is two too many. I plan on buying a 4.5lb striker spring from wolff to see how it works...

#7 ·
I installed a 6lb trigger, didnt notice a difference. The 3.5lb connector helped some. But what made the most difference was a 4lb striker spring. That being said, I wouldnt use one, I had two lightstrikes out of about 150 rounds, which is two too many. I plan on buying a 4.5lb striker spring from wolff to see how it works...
+1 I replaced the OEM connector with a 3.5 Ghost (standard), a lighter striker safety spring, 6# trigger spring and polished all metal contact surfaces. It was better but not "great".

I then replaced the striker spring with a 4# one and noticed a bigger difference. It's not a carry gun and I have had no light strikes yet, but I've read they are usually only a problem after a lot of use before the spring needs replacing.

Now the curious part. Just for the heck of it I put the 5.5 OEM connector back in and the trigger seems almost as light as with the 3.5! I am getting ready to go shoot my G19 3Gen and 5.5 connector and my G17 Gen3 set up identically but with the 3.5 still in it.

I want to see if it shoots like it feels like it should shoot....and compare the two.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.