GlockTalk Forum banner

161 - 180 of 199 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
Started off I bought a benchmade 510 for $75 years back to carry off duty and loved it. Then came a griptilian for $105. I paid $140 for a benchmade 940. That’s the absolute maximum I will ever pay for a knife. And I use them as tools. On duty I carry a benchmade contego. Absolutely love my benchmades
Benchmades are pretty good. If you are looking to add to your collection, I still have my 2 for sale:

1. Mini Reflex auto, very early Bali Song, combo edge satin/blasted/ stonewashed blade, no safety, excellent condition, but no box.

2. Bali Song Weehawk, from late 80s or early 90s, excellent with original box. (That one exceeds your $140 limit, though)

·
Anti-Federalist
17,686 Posts
The Bahco (aka Mora) is one of the best knives per dollar I have owned. Great for slicing tomatoes and onions--something that not all knives are good at. I first found out about Bahco here in GT. Thanks to whomever that was.

For a fixed blade Scandi grind I don't think you can beat the Mora for value.

·
Banned
8,580 Posts
MSRP for a Ruger 1911 is $829,
MSRP for a functional Hi Point pistol is $199.

Since you value cheap, but whatever.
I am really not sure what your issue with me is, whether it is personal, or if I may have in the past offended you in some way. In all honesty, I don't really care. Regardless of what the problem you have with me is, I will take the high road and make use of the ignore button.

·
Registered
11,600 Posts
The PM2 is arguably the best EDC knife Spyderco ever made and it's hands down, indisputably better than the Endura in just about every category. It sounds like you quit trying to find "better" because it is most CERTAINLY not the Endura in Spyderco Land. It is merely the entrance to the castle.

I'm so certain of this I'll give you a PM2 that you can keep as long as it takes to change your mind.
Thank you. I am sure that it might be better.

Yeah. I was considering a Para 2.

What stops me? The blade length is the same as the Endura - a plus.
I want a longer blade on my carry knife AFTER shtf (other than potentially getting mugged on my daily walk in the neighborhood). For that purpose, I have multiple Spyderco Police models.

If you see on a school campus, I will be hauling a suitcase on wheels because I simply cannot carry the requisite books in a back pack. In the suitcase is Spyderco Police model. This is in addition to the Endura in my pants pocket. And for a while in this epidemic, I carried a Police model as an edc.

·
I don't even know....what I'm doing here....
8,623 Posts
The PM2 is arguably the best EDC knife Spyderco ever made and it's hands down, indisputably better than the Endura in just about every category. It sounds like you quit trying to find "better" because it is most CERTAINLY not the Endura in Spyderco Land. It is merely the entrance to the castle.

I'm so certain of this I'll give you a PM2 that you can keep as long as it takes to change your mind.
I carry a PM2 with a 52100 blade and a true carbon fiber handle. The steel stains like high carbon does, so it’s ugly as sin, bit it sharpens well and holds a razor edge for a very long time, just as high carbon should.

I paid a painfully extracted $175 for it, but it’s been my constant companion for over two years now.

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
E6DAD7EC-EA69-4515-BA8E-8AE8BF036307.jpeg

Busse Combat NMFSH {Nuclear Meltdown Fusion Steel Heart} Bumblebee “Fatty.” Paid $400 used awhile back. Haven’t made them for years. But you can find unused ones on Bladeforums for around $600.

9.5“ blade. .33” thick. INFI Steel. Jerry Busse invented his own proprietary steel. Lifetime Warranty. But you’ll never need that.

·
The eBay Guy
20,238 Posts

Agreed. My PM2 rides in my pocket every single day. No matter how many knives I buy, it will never be replaced as my edc.

20201028_071859.jpg

·
Well I'll Be Dipped!!!
28,474 Posts
There are so many products out there on the high-end market, that have prices that leave me gasping.

But then I remember, there are people out there for whom money is 0 issue, and will pay whatever they have to, to get what they want.

$600 for a knife? Really, that's like a penny to some people.

·
Registered
26,187 Posts

·
Diva extraordinaire
15,089 Posts
The Navy SEAL Museum in Ft. Pierce gave me this knife in appreciation for the donation I made to Trident House. I was thinking about giving it to BF, but it's still in my purse.

·
If the coronavirus doesn't take you out, can I?
1,011 Posts
Different categorie, that’s a dagger. And one that looks to be nicely made too boot.

...Ron
Good point, bayonets are a different category.

This one is for a ‘91 Carcano Truppe Speciali, made in 1917.

·
The eBay Guy
20,238 Posts
I like the Launch series. I think I'm going to order the Launch 7 in earth brown (if I can find it in stock).

ETA... Went ahead and ordered the OD version instead, from BladeHQ! Excited!!

View attachment 855522
Well, it's $480 away from being a $600 knife, but damn do I like it!!

20201028_113153.jpg

Was just delivered 20 min ago, so I can't say much about it just yet, but I have a feeling we're going to become great friends.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Once I broke the $100.00 threshold spending money on knives became habit forming.

I don’t buy custom(at least not yet) but highend production knives I believe are a worthy investment, If the price is right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
To each their own. I know several folks that absolutely love knives, high end ones. I like them myself. If I was single and didn’t have a family and a $6,000.00 knife appealed to me I’d get it. Just like firearms. $3,000.00+ Scars and $3,000.00+ 1911’s appeal to folks when a Glock, Ruger or Springfield will do just fine. There are some very nice blades in this thread, several I would be proud to own. I don’t know why so many keep asking why...couple of my favorites.

161 - 180 of 199 Posts