GlockTalk Forum banner

181 - 199 of 199 Posts

·
The eBay Guy
20,624 Posts
To each their own. I know several folks that absolutely love knives, high end ones. I like them myself. If I was single and didn’t have a family and a $6,000.00 knife appealed to me I’d get it. Just like firearms. $3,000.00+ Scars and $3,000.00+ 1911’s appeal to folks when a Glock, Ruger or Springfield will do just fine. There are some very nice blades in this thread, several I would be proud to own. I don’t know why so many keep asking why...couple of my favorites.

I really like the one on the bottom!

·
Why so serious?
65,034 Posts
I have knives and guns in safes.

Impossible to carry them all at once.

Sent from my Jack boot using Copatalk

Reactions: tuica and ronj1

·
Registered
24,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #186
I looked at a few knives today while my wife shopped for Christmas decorations.

Walmart has a nice selection.

The Old Timer 2 pack would have been mine if someone would have been around to open the display case!

upload_2020-10-28_22-58-27.png
Ok

I just decided I want a small pocket knife - but will also check out a few fancy knives at the next gun show.

·
Registered
8,259 Posts
I am really not sure what your issue with me is, whether it is personal, or if I may have in the past offended you in some way. In all honesty, I don't really care. Regardless of what the problem you have with me is, I will take the high road and make use of the ignore button.
I think he was pointing out that a Ruger 1911 is a cheap gun. I certainly wouldn’t carry one. I’ve seen them turned into great guns with much expense. On the other hand I really like their single action revolvers so they can do some things right.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am a big time custom knife collector. I have plenty of Kershaw and Benchmade knives that are more than adequate for most anything. Both of those makers are in my backyard. But I find one off customs to be very enjoyable to collect. Half Face Blades makes some amazing one off custom knives that are near impossible to get. When they do a drop, you’ve got less than 2 minutes to snag something. And I will say the minute you purchase something the value just shot up. I’ve purchased knives from them for say $650 only to have $1500+ offers for them minutes later. The knife world is crazier than most think.
46323282-AD7F-427F-A149-F365E1F4A456.jpeg

·
Custom Title Goes Here
1,463 Posts
I was just looking over at CRKT and they've got some decent knives, one at $40 that caught my eye as a great EDC pocketknife, and another at $85 that seemed like a great "Sunday School" knife - you know, one that replaces your old, beat up, tape-adhesive-stuck-to-the-blade EDC knife when you are wearing pants that aren't jeans.

·
Anti-Federalist
19,004 Posts
I am a big time custom knife collector. I have plenty of Kershaw and Benchmade knives that are more than adequate for most anything. Both of those makers are in my backyard. But I find one off customs to be very enjoyable to collect. Half Face Blades makes some amazing one off custom knives that are near impossible to get. When they do a drop, you’ve got less than 2 minutes to snag something. And I will say the minute you purchase something the value just shot up. I’ve purchased knives from them for say $650 only to have $1500+ offers for them minutes later. The knife world is crazier than most think. View attachment 858420

I'm hoping to score one of their Combat Fillets at some point.

·
Semper Paratus
27,964 Posts
I have a Mad Dog Knife I paid around 600.00 for mid 90s , they go for well over 2k Now , I have few Busse knives just under and over the 600 mark.

Reactions: nrajeff

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I just used my BIRTHDAY discount from Larry to score a Emissary 477-1 at a good price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,753 Posts
I just used my BIRTHDAY discount from Larry to score a Emissary 477-1 at a good price

Good old Larry. He has a good memory, to be able to remember the B-day of everyone in the Buyers Club.

Reactions: PeterG

·
Registered
26,554 Posts
I am a big time custom knife collector. I have plenty of Kershaw and Benchmade knives that are more than adequate for most anything. Both of those makers are in my backyard. But I find one off customs to be very enjoyable to collect. Half Face Blades makes some amazing one off custom knives that are near impossible to get. When they do a drop, you’ve got less than 2 minutes to snag something. And I will say the minute you purchase something the value just shot up. I’ve purchased knives from them for say $650 only to have $1500+ offers for them minutes later. The knife world is crazier than most think. View attachment 858420
Dang, remind me not to pay you a visit uninvited. :)

·
Registered
26,554 Posts
I have a Mad Dog Knife I paid around 600.00 for mid 90s , they go for well over 2k Now , I have few Busse knives just under and over the 600 mark.
That must have been a good chunk of money for you back then.

·
Semper Paratus
27,964 Posts
That must have been a good chunk of money for you back then.
It was,and it still cuts like day one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

181 - 199 of 199 Posts