GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 199 Posts

·
Registered
24,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was at a Gun and knife show today - been to a hundred of them - never paid much attention to the knives - nothing against knives - just one of the many things I don't know much about.

I was trying to sell some ammo - the table next to the ammo dealer was full of knives - and the negotiation went something like this - S = seller B = buyer

S - I can't go less than $800 for either of those -

B - Maybe I would pay $600 -

S - I could do both for $1,250

B - wait - is that rust?

S - no blood - the last guy that picked it up cut his finger.

B - How about $900 for both -

S - I can do $1,250 for both

B - How about $1,200 for both?

S - $1,225 - for both can't go lower

B - I will take them -

They looked like hunting knives - I meant to go back and look but it slipped my mind -

It is not like I need another hobby - but I am a little surprised - folks pay $600 for a hunting knife?

WTH am I missing -

·
Mentally Frozen
25,800 Posts
No way

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I was at a Gun and knife show today - been to a hundred of them - never paid much attention to the knives - nothing against knives - just one of the many things I don't know much about.

I was trying to sell some ammo - the table next to the ammo dealer was full of knives - and the negotiation went something like this - S = seller B = buyer

S - I can't go less than $800 for either of those -

B - Maybe I would pay $600 -

S - I could do both for $1,250

B - wait - is that rust?

S - no blood - the last guy that picked it up cut his finger.

B - How about $900 for both -

S - I can do $1,250 for both

B - How about $1,200 for both?

S - $1,225 - for both can't go lower

B - I will take them -

They looked like hunting knives - I meant to go back and look but it slipped my mind -

It is not like I need another hobby - but I am a little surprised - folks pay $600 for a hunting knife?

WTH am I missing -
probably Randall Knives. They are not cheap.

·
This used to be AMERICA........
1,580 Posts
Wait- a Gun Show in the middle of a PANDEMIC??????........
Not around here, mister!!

>I got a bunch of Walmart folders for $1...

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
I paid 650 for a hand forged custom knife about 5 years ago. Took the blacksmith several days of work to make.

·
Registered
24,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I had to have a couple of Randall knives. They were just under $600 each.

What was it that made them worth so much?

Like I said - I don't know much about knives - maybe some are worth $600 - but WOW - what do they do that a $50 knife can't do?

·
Registered
7,897 Posts
What $700 for 1000 rounds? Judas, I should offload mine. Is this legit???
Yes, I'm about to post a bunch on GB.

I'm an opportunistic ammo buyer. A trip to Walmart or Academy and snag a box of this or a box of that. When Walmart announced they wouldn't sell anymore ammo it just sat in the shelves and they had to mark it down. I grabbed a bunch of MiniMags and Stingers

I have never shot Stingers before but they look cool. Too bad I had to sell all my my firearms.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I've wanted a Medford Praetorian for a long time - Titanium handle one side and G10 other side and beast of a blade but the full size folders are running $650 to $700 plus. Just can't bring myself to pay that so I bought a china clone of it for $20 a few years back. Only difference is the handle is steel and G10 on this one. Blade is D2. Great deal but I can't seem to find them anymore at that price and they only seem to have 440c other other cheaper blade steel types.

Reactions: OXMYX

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Most I’ve paid has been in the neighborhood of $350, and I’ve done that too many times I have had more expensive models that I traded into. I don’t really do the spendy ones anymore though. I find you can get a damn good knife from $50 to $150 and not miss much.

1 - 20 of 199 Posts