GlockTalk Forum banner

61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Rational
14,361 Posts
I almost busted out laughing - a 20 round box and he wanted $45 - the guy ask if he had anything cheaper - and he sold him a 50 round box of Freedom Munitions JHPs for $65.

The insult to injury - the guy hands him his credit card and the seller says - it is an extra $3 service charge to use a credit card - the total was $73 something.
He got a better deal than I did. I paid $89 after shipping for 40 rounds of Buffalo Bore 125gr Barnes TAC-XP .357 Magnum from Midway. It was an impulse buy. I'm not doing that again.

What's the old saying about a fool and his money? :(

This year cannot end quick enough.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
He got a better deal than I did. I paid $89 after shipping for 40 rounds of Buffalo Bore 125gr Barnes TAC-XP .357 Magnum from Midway. It was an impulse buy. I'm not doing that again.

You paid over $2 a round:devildance:

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #64

You paid over $2 a round:devildance:

·
Registered
12,951 Posts
Trump wins and it will be a year before prices and inventory settles. Biden wins it will won't normalize for years if ever.
He is correct, though Biden isn’t nearly as big of a threat without the senate.

·
Registered
6,920 Posts
I have been topping off 9 mm and 233/5.56 when the price is decent. I will buy a set of 9 mm dies and start reloading before paying sixty cents per round for ball ammo. The local Academy Sports had 200 round boxes of 115 grain WWB for $.25 per round recently, with limits.

·
Registered
24,917 Posts

Buffalo Bore > Freedom Munitions

Reactions: Jade Falcon

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
A friend of mine decided to sell all his guns and ammo. I paid him what he paid for 1000 rounds of 556, which was $375. Another friend needed it more than me so I sold it to him for what I paid.

·
NRA Benefactor
5,287 Posts
In normal times, FMJ ran $9.99 per 50 so it would have been around $200 for 1,000 rounds. But these are not normal times.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Bought my first handgun in April, a 9mm M&P. Started hitting the range regularly so I picked up ammo where I could. When prices started to climb I grabbed two 1000 round cases of Sellier & Bellot for just under $300 each. My wife and I grab decent priced ammo locally when we can and have 2500 FMJ and 250 home defense which should hold us through this.

My birthday was last week so my wife took me to pick up a Glock 44 for training and target practice. Instead of going through 500 - 600 rounds of 9mm each trip to the range, the plan is to practice with that much .22 ammo on the Glock and end with 2 boxes of 9. I can get 500 - 800 round boxes of .22 LR for between $30 - $35 at my LGS so I think the Glock will pay for itself before Xmas.

61 - 73 of 73 Posts