GlockTalk Forum banner

41 - 60 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
I bought 1k rounds shipped for 1k.

9mm – 147 gr JHP – Speer Gold Dot (53619) – 1000 Rounds

Probably not a great price but I should be good for a while.
$1 a round is insane. If that's the best you could do why would you buy 1k rounds. That's $50 a box. A year ago I was buying it on sale for $8 a box on sale. And my other half was saying I was buying too much. I would say not enough unless Trump wins. But I would never pay $1 a round. Never!

·
Registered
299 Posts
ammo is now coming available. A person I know bought 9mm at the stated price. I don't have a 9mm and never bought any. Isn't that price he paid extremely expensive for 1k rounds?
I could get 1000 rounds delivered for $140 before all this mess. That was a targetsportsusa.com.

·
Registered
7,735 Posts
It is not target / range ammo. seemed finding quality self defense ammo was hard. Problem solved. :)

$1 a round is insane. If that's the best you could do why would you buy 1k rounds. That's $50 a box. A year ago I was buying it on sale for $8 a box on sale. And my other half was saying I was buying too much. I would say not enough unless Trump wins. But I would never pay $1 a round. Never!

·
1,971 Posts
I have been monitoring Gunbroker and ammoseek.com for a couple months. 1000rds PMC Bronze 9mm 115gr consistently sells for $550.

HST is $1.35-$2.00.

So glad I prepard for Hillary as well as I did.

·
Registered
952 Posts
It's like the toilet paper thing last last spring... Lots of panic buying. I'm fortunate enough to have a fair stock stashed away and have learned to be fairly structured in my range practice. Depending on the election results, things should settle down a bit in a few months, unless the Harris campaign wins, and then it's likely to get even crazier.
Sounds like you're in the I'll trade toilet paper for ammo brigade.

I have to admit, I may or may not have two cases of toilet paper stashed myself.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
I bought 1k rounds shipped for 1k.

9mm – 147 gr JHP – Speer Gold Dot (53619) – 1000 Rounds

Probably not a great price but I should be good for a while.
$1/round for Sig Sauer 124g JHP and 124g VCrown 9mm a day ago from Sig (shipping was free :) ). Saw plain CCI 115g Blazer 9mm $734/1k on bulkmunitions a few days ago.

Take what you can get if you need it My guess is that this run-on-gun stuff will go on for a while, at least until there's some kind of inauguration in January. If it doesn't go like the Commies want, it will be bad for longer.

·
NRA Life Member
5,536 Posts
ammo is now coming available. A person I know bought 9mm at the stated price. I don't have a 9mm and never bought any. Isn't that price he paid extremely expensive for 1k rounds?
Extremely expensive is an understatement; even to call it highway robbery doesn’t do it justice.

Only pay that price if you are totally OUT of ammo and have nothing with which to defend your home and hearth. Those are the only reasons I’d pay that kinda dough.

Reactions: Inyo Tim

·
I'm not retired
7,146 Posts
I just sold 750 rounds to a friend for 22 cent a round. I paid 17.5 cent for it. The 22 cent covered my sales tax and what-not. Don't worry, I still got some left.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
More info. If it’s a premium defense ammo in 20 rd boxes.
Even before (the latest panic/shortage) it was $18 for 20 rds in sale. Fmj it’s high.
Regular ball stuff that you use to get at wal mart.

EVERYTHING gun wise is hinging on this election. If Trump gets in, you have been given 4 years to stock up. Trump was doing so well, I was not on my game and lagged on stocking up, plenty of time. Never thought we would be in the situation we are looking at....

·
Registered
7,072 Posts
Before I’d pay that much. I’d quit shooting my 9mm a lot and use my shotgun for home defense because I don’t have to practice much to be proficient with it and shoot my carry 9mm very sparingly.
Maybe get into archery and swords:D

I’ve had people offer me 1k for my Glock 17 if I throw in some ammo. LOL

·
Registered
8,105 Posts
Hang in there man, once this is election and Corona is behind us things will settle down.
Not necessarily.

Biden wins and threatens a federal tax per round where does that put us.

Let's compare ammunition to TP. Most places still have buying limits. If shelves magically were full tomorrow would sellers have limits?

I was not caught short but if shelves were full tomorrow how much would people buy? I have friends taken off guard who saved that stimulus money waiting for ammo prices to come down.

Trump wins and it will be a year before prices and inventory settles. Biden wins it will won't normalize for years if ever.

Reactions: IvanVic

·
Sarcasm Inc.
15,057 Posts

·
Registered
14,119 Posts
I was buying Federal Champion aluminum for $169/1000 before all this started.

I can reload 9mm for 11 cents per round but at that price I just shot factory ammo and used my time to reload other rounds with a more significant cost savings.

I need primers to keep reloading. I’m down to 7k SPP. That won’t last long.

·
Rational
14,227 Posts
A couple nights ago, I passed on 840 rounds of prvi partizan ammo in 7.62x39 for my WASR. It was reloadable brass cased, good FMJ ammo. I seriously considered it. But I believe it was just over $600, IIRC, and I decided to save the money for something else. Especially as I just paid a ridiculous $265 to a locksmith for 5 minutes worth of work.

Now I think I'm going to make much-needed upgrades to my house, including lighting in my kitchen, and a sliding shower door to replace the obnoxious curtain. So perhaps it's a good thing I didn't pull the trigger on that order.

Unfortunately, I don't shoot my guns enough to justify spending that much money on ammo. I would like to change that, but the ranges in my area suck balls....not as bad as Vancouver WA, but not great either. That, and it rains constantly, which doesn't help.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I could've bought a knife for that $600!
I bought a case a few months ago I think I paid 375 + shipping after ordering a gst-9 kit, I’m still waiting for the kit to arrive sometime next year? If the kit falls victim to the proposed new legislation I’d trade the case for a knife, lol.

41 - 60 of 73 Posts