GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Last time I bought ammo was January I believe. Paid $80 for 500 rounds of 115 grain FMJ. I wished I bought a lot more of that.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Remember when WalMart had their ammo at half price because they didn’t want to sell ammo anymore? I bought up a lot, and I mean a lot of it. Some people on here made fun of me for it. Same as when I bought stripped AR lowers before the election. Well, I won’t need ammo for a few years, and I sold the lowers for a huge profit. Moral of the story, plan ahead and be prepared. Now go buy some TP cause it’s gonna get scarce after Trump wins and the left burns everything down.
I did too. And 5.56 for .25 a round. I bought as much as I could.

·
Registered
7,436 Posts
The worst I heard was some guy in Vegas paid $100.00 for a 50 round box of 9mm.
You might want to get use to it if the Democrats win!

·
Registered
15,019 Posts
Last I bought a case it was $165 delivered off of SGAMMO.com

That was a while ago though.

That was still the ballpark till earlier this year. I snagged this 1k of 9mm Winchester at a LGS in March for $180. But then again, March 2020 feels like a hundred years ago.

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
The only stuff I'd pay sixty cents a round for is HST 124+P.
I've seen Wolf junk for fifty cents a round - I'm passing. :cheers:

·
Banned
393 Posts
ammo is now coming available. A person I know bought 9mm at the stated price. I don't have a 9mm and never bought any. Isn't that price he paid extremely expensive for 1k rounds?
What kind of 9mm? Is it basic FMJ target (more than likely) or some brand of top line self defense ammo like Federal Premium HST? It makes a difference.

·
Registered
15,019 Posts
Somehow, I don't think many here are grasping the concept.

The companies are NOT SELLING AMMO TO US.

They are selling it to the newbies.

Those people who a year ago wouldn't dirty their hands touching something as crude as a firearm.

Why are companies selling 9mm ball ammo at $600/1,000?

Because they are SELLING 9mm ball at $600/1,000.

If it wasn't moving, the prices would come down.

I recently helped out a co-worker to 100rds. She's one of these people you're describing. She's late 50's, nice lady, got the fear earlier this year with all the "unrest" going on and bought herself a pistol. But now can't find ammo anywhere. So I brought her a 100rd bulkpack of WWB and she pulled $80 out of her pocketbook. I started laughing and told her I didn't need anything for it. She insisted, a couple times. I finally took $20 and explained to her that was the ballpark price when things are normal, and what I most likely paid for it give or take a dollar. She was so grateful I probably coulda got something more. She kinda makes Phyllis Diller look good though so I ain't regrettin' the lost opportunity.

·
Registered
24,967 Posts
In the last - 2 gun shows / about 5 weeks time - I have sold 3,000 rounds - 2K of 40 S&W and 1K 9MM

I also sold one of my two remaining 40 S&W pistols - so am down to one 40 S&W pistol that I hardly ever shoot - why do I need 3+K rounds of ammo? I kept 1K rounds of mostly premium JHPs - that should be more than enough.

The 9MM was a case of +P+ I bought and always regretted, I am mostly a standard pressure guy.

I was standing in line behind a guy looking for some 9MM "self defense" ammo at the gun show yesterday.

The buyer actually said - I just bought my first gun and don't know anything about ammo - what do you recommend?

The guy pulls out a box of something with a "honey badger" bullet - explains it rotates and acts like a boat propeller as it chews through the flesh and bone of an attacker.

I almost busted out laughing - a 20 round box and he wanted $45 - the guy ask if he had anything cheaper - and he sold him a 50 round box of Freedom Munitions JHPs for $65.

The insult to injury - the guy hands him his credit card and the seller says - it is an extra $3 service charge to use a credit card - the total was $73 something.

·
Venor ergo sum
Gun control is about CONTROL.
3,572 Posts
Yep, that's pretty darn high. I was balking at $190 shipped for 1000 rounds of American Eagle ball about a year ago. I got spoiled when WalMart had their "going out of the pistol ammo business sale". Several on-line LE supply companies were also selling 9mm HST and Gold Dot ammo for $19.95 for a box of 50.

I'm probably good for another year of matches and practice. If by then I can't buy 9mm ball at reasonable prices, I'll probably just add 9mm to the list of calibers I reload. I didn't reload it previously because 9mm ammo was cheap enough and I value my time.

·
Registered
24,967 Posts
I recently helped out a co-worker to 100rds. She's one of these people you're describing. She's late 50's, nice lady, got the fear earlier this year with all the "unrest" going on and bought herself a pistol. But now can't find ammo anywhere. So I brought her a 100rd bulkpack of WWB and she pulled $80 out of her pocketbook. I started laughing and told her I didn't need anything for it. She insisted, a couple times. I finally took $20 and explained to her that was the ballpark price when things are normal, and what I most likely paid for it give or take a dollar. She was so grateful I probably coulda got something more. She kinda makes Phyllis Diller look good though so I ain't regrettin' the lost opportunity.
I have found that I regret the questionable things I didn't do more than the questionable things I did do -

·
Descent Terminated
33,345 Posts
I did too. And 5.56 for .25 a round. I bought as much as I could.
I note Brownell's has some .223 for $1.62 a round .... :wow: .. :alex: .. :steamed:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Around me you can’t find 9 but 556/223 is beginning to pop up.

I have not done bulk buys, only topped off what I shot plus a few boxes per paycheck of things I find available when I get get a few things together to make shipping worth it. Or small amounts from my neighborhood local store that holds the line on prices. I haven’t shot 9 in awhile and at the rate I’ve been shooting, with different caliber guns to play with each time if I don’t want to take a 9 out, would probably be OK into the middle of next year.

·
Premium Member
25,326 Posts
ammo is now coming available. A person I know bought 9mm at the stated price. I don't have a 9mm and never bought any. Isn't that price he paid extremely expensive for 1k rounds?
More info. If it’s a premium defense ammo in 20 rd boxes.
Even before (the latest panic/shortage) it was $18 for 20 rds in sale. Fmj it’s high.

·
Daca is caca
3,538 Posts
Not even holler point?

·
Daca is caca
3,538 Posts

·
Aw sheet main
1,706 Posts
Federal Premium was selling directly to customers via the web, and at the normal prices. I wondered if it was to stop gouging by the middle men.

·
Banned
1,948 Posts
Just sold 2500 rounds of 9mm for $1,000.00 And a gold n.i.b. Trump Glock for $800.

I figure can look around and buy something later who knows what. But something will turn up. I was not a greedy selling Ahole. Since a dealer bought it for resale.

He understood the true value of his purchase...
6a4c0669d2ff5e7f609475715fc54c30.jpg

21 - 40 of 73 Posts