GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ammo is now coming available. A person I know bought 9mm at the stated price. I don't have a 9mm and never bought any. Isn't that price he paid extremely expensive for 1k rounds?

·
Registered
7,734 Posts
I bought 1k rounds shipped for 1k.

9mm – 147 gr JHP – Speer Gold Dot (53619) – 1000 Rounds

Probably not a great price but I should be good for a while.

·
packin heat
2,358 Posts
Buy 1000 rds of 9mm ammo here for $220.00 CDN

·
Secret Squirrel
217 Posts
Thats a lot. Currently 9mm is between 50-60 cents per round. Such is the state of the market at the moment. I was talking to a friend a couple days ago talking about how we took turns walking into PSA and buying our daily limit of 9mm FMJ for less than $10 per box of 50. I bought a bunch but should have got more. That was about $200 per thousand but we may not see that price point again for a while.

·
Garbage Day!
9,395 Posts
Last time I stockpiled 9mm, I think it was $12 for 100-count box of WWB 115-gr nothin’-fancy range rounds. I’d balk at paying 30 cents/round, and they can kiss my ass at 60 cents/round.

Probably a good thing I don’t shoot anymore. :yawn:

·
Registered
919 Posts
I’m not shooting these days not because I have no ammo by because it’s been too flipping hot!

I’ll give it another month then all my reloading will have been worth it.

·
Registered
455 Posts
It's like the toilet paper thing last last spring... Lots of panic buying. I'm fortunate enough to have a fair stock stashed away and have learned to be fairly structured in my range practice. Depending on the election results, things should settle down a bit in a few months, unless the Harris campaign wins, and then it's likely to get even crazier.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
I normally shoot about a case of 9mm FMJ every Five weeks except for the coldest months of the year. I have a few years worth stocked up, but in times of shortage I pretty much stop shooting (except .22).
If Trump wins I’ll resume. If not I will still shoot, but only about one tenth of my normal rate.
I had planned on buying a lot more this spring and summer, but Corona happened.

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
A case of target 9mm could be had for about $180 to $190 at the beginning of the year. With demand, I'd be willing to pay closer to $250 but no way $600 unless it was some good hollow points.

·
Crusty Member
10,688 Posts
ammo is now coming available. A person I know bought 9mm at the stated price. I don't have a 9mm and never bought any. Isn't that price he paid extremely expensive for 1k rounds?
Check gunbroker completed auctions. That's what the "I gotta have it now and won't wait or shop around for it" people have been paying for at least the past few weeks.

·
Registered
26,173 Posts

That's highway robbery.

Reactions: Yankeefan816

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Remember when WalMart had their ammo at half price because they didn’t want to sell ammo anymore? I bought up a lot, and I mean a lot of it. Some people on here made fun of me for it. Same as when I bought stripped AR lowers before the election. Well, I won’t need ammo for a few years, and I sold the lowers for a huge profit. Moral of the story, plan ahead and be prepared. Now go buy some TP cause it’s gonna get scarce after Trump wins and the left burns everything down.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Somehow, I don't think many here are grasping the concept.

The companies are NOT SELLING AMMO TO US.

They are selling it to the newbies.

Those people who a year ago wouldn't dirty their hands touching something as crude as a firearm.

Why are companies selling 9mm ball ammo at $600/1,000?

Because they are SELLING 9mm ball at $600/1,000.

If it wasn't moving, the prices would come down.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts