6 matches in and

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Fireglock, May 29, 2005.

1. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

we still haven't seen the elusive sub 40 second match. ;P Any guesses on when it will happen?

2. cmzneb

cmzneb

I'll bet it happens before the 2005 1st Edition Glock Report gets mailed to GSSF members. ;Q

3. Fireglock

Hey, I'm trying to be positive here and talk about shooters, not GSSF! ;)

4. BCarver

BCarver CLM Millennium Member

Our Glocks and ammo are ready............it's just up to the shooters!!

In my opinion, I think that it will happen by Conyers this year.

Even though the scoring has changed and the distance on the M has changed, there are some concepts that we must all take into consideration:

1. The new start position is currently not as fast as the former start position. Since we have 10 starts or "first shots", if each first shot takes .2 longer than before, you have a full 2.0 disadvantage over the former start.

2. Shooting a sub 40 will still require a clean match or a final score of 16-17 for 5 to Glock. A 10.0 plate run and a 13-14 second final score on the M.

3. Even though the M is closer, you still must shoot it clean to get a fast enough score. The distance is not the factor with this match, it's the transitions from target to target. That's what effects the scores.

Hopefully, the sub 40 will happen soon but it would not surprise me if that honor requires some more time. Everyone is getting use to the new changes.

Time will tell......................

See ya on the range,
    Bobby

5. triggerpresser

triggerpresser

I agree with what Bobby says. However, I'd like to throw something else out to see what everyone thinks. IMHO I think that the rules changes (distances & penalties) have not benefited the top group of shooters as much as it has the rest of us. The reason I feel this way is that the top shooters were already shooting pretty darned fast, as close to their limit without going out of control as possible. In most cases the top shooters were going all out and shooting a clean match (or close to it). I don't think making the 'M' closer has sped them (the top shooters) up as much as it has others, they handled the longer distances with as much accuracy and speed as they do the shorter distance. And since they were already handling the match with speed and accuracy, niether the reduced distance nor the reduced penalties are as big a factor for the top shooters. I personally feel that the biggest impact the changes will make is to bring the rest of the field a <i>little closer</i> to the upper tier shooters.
    To go sub 40 seconds, whomever manages this feat will have to be on top of their game, thats for sure...

6. Fireglock

An excellent point and I agree with you 100%. :)

7. Sniper 7.62

Sniper 7.62

?????? Grady your Team mate 35.09 Ring a bell, Major Sub but you did'nt say what cat ;f ;f ;f GOT YAH

8. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

Jerry, what the heck, I'll play... Oakdale. And someone at Indy will get real close.
    ;f