close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

6 inch Glock

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by P-Ratt, Sep 1, 2002.

1. P-Ratt

P-Ratt Got GLOCK?

What considerations are there in getting a drop in 6" barrel for a G23 or 27? Would a new spring be needed or enough to deal with higher velocities? Of course I COULD just buy a 24, but that would be too easy.

;K ;)

2. mannishboy

mannishboy Go Vikes!

Practicality, to begin with. Even in a full size Glock, G20/21, the barrel sticks out beyond the slide more that an inch. In a compact Glock, the muzzle would really be out there. There are other barrels made in the G23 size that would be better suited(Glockmeister and Topglock offer many), and yes, a spring change may be needed if you intend to take advantage of heftier loads that another barrel may be capable of supporting.

3. jpshaw

jpshaw

That barrel would have to be an aftermarket and make sure that they know its for a G23 or G27. The lockup on them is different then the G22 or G35 and will not work. In short you can put a G23 brl in a G27 but you can't put a G22 or G35 brl in either.

.40 Club number 14

4. P-Ratt

P-Ratt Got GLOCK?

I have seen the carbine conversion kits with 16 in bbl, so I was wondering about the effects of something a bit smaller. I am not sure what the kit actually provides other than a stock and barrel so I am looking for the relation. This is pure theory. I really would buy the 24 and not 'convert' my 23.;)

What differences are there in the pistol I shoot (not the performance) but in a different barrel size, all else equal?

5. PlasticGuy

PlasticGuy

The carbine kit that you are referring to would not work with your Glock 23. I believe that they are only available for the full-sized Glocks at this point, and are likely to stay that way.

I'm not sure exactly what you are asking with the second part of your question. Perhaps you could clarify it for us.

6. P-Ratt

P-Ratt Got GLOCK?

If you were to take a Glock compact or sub comp. and drop in a longer bbl (say 6") what else would need to be changed if any?

7. PlasticGuy

PlasticGuy

Gotcha. Thanks for clearing that up. You should probably go up by 2-4 pounds for your recoil spring. You may also want to increase the power of your firing pin return spring, but not necessarily. It would be easy to tell from examining spent cases whether you will need to replace this spring with a heavier one or not. The only other possibility is that your sights might be a little off (gun might shoot a smudge high) with the longer barrel, but that is another one that you won't know for sure until you try it.