6 inch glock factory barrel worth it?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by JohnnyGatson, Feb 16, 2007.

1. JohnnyGatson

JohnnyGatson

A friend of mine offered me a like new Glock factory 6 inch hunting barrel for $65. I plan on shooting double tap ammo and I do not reload, should I be worried about case support? or will i be O.K.? I have been lurking her since 01' when I bought my glock 20. I just joined, I hold your opinions with the utmost respect, any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you,
    Johnny

Money is an issue, I am a poor college student.

2. 10mm4ever

10mm4ever Guest

That's a good deal and if you dont ever plan on reloading, you should be fine, but may experience bulged brass. BTW, Lonewolf has G20 barrels in any flavor, that you may want to checkout, they're 90 bucks. You can shoot lead bullets in the LW, not so for the Glock.

3. Photocop

Photocop

JohnnyGat:

Buy the Glock barrel for $65 without hesitation. If you're not going to reload, then the benefits of the other aftermarket barrels is virtually nil and you won't find one new for $65 anywhere. I actually prefer the Glock 6 inch barrels because I like the long barrel for use in my home defense gun and I think the deliberately looser chamber of the Glock barrels increases reliability with a wider variety of ammunition. This one is truly a no-brainer for you.

If you don't want to buy it for $65, give me his number so I can take it off his hands. :)

~Mike

4. Photocop

Photocop

By the way, you will not have any problem whatsoever with DoubleTap Ammo working with any stock Glock barrel. The stock barrels are just not optimal for reloading when you're going to be using the same brass over and over. You will notice some case bulging at the bottom of the cartridge with the stock barrels, but this is completely normal.

5. Vulcanese

Vulcanese Furious Retard

JohnnyGaston:

65.00 is a helluva price for the G20 6" OEM barrel.

They usually run about 160.00.

Buy it, try it, if you don't like it, sell it for a profit.

6. SAWMAN

SAWMAN

....in another thread,my OEM 6",G20 bbl. shoots great. This, with the 200gr. hardcast DT loads. Will shoot to the same group(hole) as the 4.6" OEM with Dt 180 XTP's or 200gr. Blazers.

Lead is ok,especially hardcast. Clean often,properly,and thoroughly.

7. Carphunter

Carphunter

That's a great deal. I've used an OEM 6" barrel since the get-go and it's worked fine for everything I've loaded (and I haven't been skimping :)

I understand the pros of buying a different style aftermarket barrel that would fully support the case, but honestly I don't shoot my heavy reloads on a frequent basis. I practice with factory, or lower-power reloads, and when it comes time to dial in for hunting, then I'll stick the whammo ammo in.

8. RobertP

RobertP

I'll let you know once I receive the one I bought off this site.