Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a recent build in 6.5 Grendel, currently running ACS mags. Well trying to at least lots of feeding issues. What are the best mags for this caliber? Seems being cheap may have just have bitten me in the south end of a north bound moose.

·
Registered
930 Posts
C-Products mags seem to likely be the most reliable, followed by the elanders and acs. Need to make sure the round doesn't get hung up on the front edge and that they cant enough to properly present the round up especially on the right side of the double stack.

I've had to adjust a couple of elanders feed lips for one particular build, hadn't had to do anything to the c-products or acs's.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
ACS are good to go. If you’re having feeding issues with more than one mag you should look elsewhere for the problem.

·
Semper Paratus
28,480 Posts
Elander , used them in my Larue build they are gtg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Semper Paratus
28,480 Posts
Also make sure your barrel extension and receiver match the grendle like M4 barrel extensions and receiver cuts you want it to look like top right.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Here’s the build specs

Aero M4e1 upper and lower
CMMG LPK
Larue mbt2 trigger
KNS pins
Aero buffer tub an buffer
Aero gas block an gas tube
Geissele super42 rifle spring
Brownells/Ballistic Advantage 20” barrel
Midwest Industries rail and muzzle break.
Hogue stock an grip
Bolt is the matched to the barrel from factory
Carrier is just a plain old PSA nitrated carrier.

Everything matches up fine, the problem occurs after the first round in the mag. Rounds tend to nose dive. Next weekend I’m gonna take the rifle back to the range an try the upper on different lowers an the the lower of different uppers.

Had to go with the cheapest mags cause that’s all that was available when I was ordering. Normally I’d chalk it up to a new build not sealing the gas system yet, however it won’t even cycle the rounds manually. Hence my belief that it’s the mags. Although with both of them? I’ll also try and get some E-lander and C-products mags.

Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
930 Posts
You could return the mags or shotgun the upper open, insert loaded mag and hen take a picture and post it. See if the round snags the front edge of mag. See if the round is presented properly. My latest build seem to need a little feed lip work on my elanders.

Do take mags apart and look for any leftover flashing or anything else that's not smooth like the feed lips, clean them.

·
Semper Paratus
28,480 Posts
Look at the leading edge of the mags and make sure they are relieved enough to allow the case to ride forward without getting hung up pushing the nose down .

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Different lower got at least 2 rounds to feed without causing a malfunction. Looks like I’m gonna have polish the front of the feed lips of these ACS mags maybe grind on them as well. Have a E-land mag coming along with the one part I oddly didn’t have on hand to finish a “parts bin” rifle. If I can find a c-products mag an they won’t charge $30 to ship to Alaska I’ll get one as well.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
E-Land mag went to the range an functioned flawlessly. One of the ACS mags is starting to run the other still refuses to feed any round past the first one. Guess I’ll be adding more E-Land mags as I can find an afford.

·
Semper Paratus
28,480 Posts
E-Land mag went to the range an functioned flawlessly. One of the ACS mags is starting to run the other still refuses to feed any round past the first one. Guess I’ll be adding more E-Land mags as I can find an afford.
You will love them my 6.5 feeds flawlessly from them .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts