close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

$500K bond for man accused of biting off cop's nipple

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by ronduke, Jan 20, 2010.

1. ronduke

ronduke

(Cooper has been arrested more than 90 times since 1995, on charges from theft to battery and other various thuggeries. Last year alone, he was arrested 20 times, records show. He stands more than 6 feet tall and was listed at 220 pounds)

$500K bond for man accused of biting off cop's nipple

A Hazel Crest man accused of biting off the right nipple of an off-duty Chicago Police officer outside a Gold Coast steakhouse was ordered held in lieu of $500,000 bail today.

Fernando Cooper, 31, of the 18100 block of South Kedzie Avenue, was charged with aggravated battery of a police officer, resisting arrest and attempted disarming of a police officer for the Sunday night incident outside Gibson's Bar & Steakhouse.

Authorities said that about 9:30 p.m., the officer was working security for the restaurant when he was told that Cooper was outside grabbing at the feet of passersby in an attempt to shine their shoes.

Cooper became belligerent when the victim told him to leave the area and bumped his chest into the officer and shoved him with his hands. He left when the victim told him he was a police officer and displayed his badge but returned moments later and punched the officer in the face while the officer was calling for police on his cell phone.

When the officer tried to place Cooper under arrest, Cooper struggled with him, grabbing at the victim's gun.

"He then raised his head and bit the victim in the chest, biting the right nipple off," Assistant State's Attorney Erin Antonietti said at Cooper's bond hearing.

The officer was taken to Northwestern Memorial Hospital where doctors told him the nipple, which was recovered at the scene, could not be reattached and that the victim would require reconstructive surgery.

Outside court, Cooper's wife -- who did not want to be identified by name -- said her husband spoke with her briefly from the police station and told her he did not know that the victim was a police officer. She said he had apparently been drinking at the time,but said it was unclear what exactly occurred.

"The alcohol is the main reason [for Cooper's troubles]," she said, adding that her husband struggles with alcohol abuse. "When you're intoxicated, the alcohol does the talking for you."
    http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2010/01/cop-bitten-in-gold-coast-fracas.html

2. BirdDog239

BirdDog239 Sheep Dog

I seriously doubt that alcohol was Cooper's problem the 90 times he has been arrested since 1995, which include 20 arrest last year alone. I would tend to believe that the problem is that Cooper is just a criminal, with a drinking problem.

3. holyjohnson

holyjohnson

maybe the bail amount should be according to how many arrests you`ve had and how many nipples you`ve bitten off.

how do you bite through body armor?

4. ronduke

ronduke

how do you bite through body armor?
    The cop was working off duty and in plain clothes (as I understand from the article.)

5. MeefZah

MeefZah Cover is Code 3

Wonder if the wife still has both of hers?

6. razdog76

razdog76 Heavy Mettle

7. Hack

Hack Crazy CO Gold Member

There is a way to take care of the teeth.

8. MarcDW

MarcDW MDW Guns Millennium Member

9. razdog76

razdog76 Heavy Mettle

You know Hack there is something about correctional healthcare...

It took me a couple of years before I met an inmate that had another inmate pop his rotten tooth out with a plastic spork because he didn't want to pay the co-pay to see the dentist, and another one broke a tooth off eating a pickle. Moments I'll never forget.:supergrin:

10. Glock-it-to-me

Glock-it-to-me Catching liars

The first rule of a street fight is there are no rules.

11. holyjohnson

holyjohnson

ah,yes.that would make more sense.
    i really have to start reading the whole article.

12. MarcDW

MarcDW MDW Guns Millennium Member

1. Come out on top!
    2. Don't waste time/power!
    3. Don't hesitate!

13. 4949shooter

4949shooter

There is way too much information in that article.

14. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

I think the reporter was reveling in the stupidity of the situation... and got carried away.