5 min. lesson for wife/ Riots

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by ScottMn, May 31, 2020.

1. G26-Has-my-6

G26-Has-my-6

Wow, that's my old stompin' grounds! The good ole St. Croix Valley. Played hockey at Lily Lake And St. Mary's point. You are living on hallowed ground!

As for advice for the wife, just tell her:

1) don't shoot my car.
    2) or me

in that order

ScottMn likes this.
  2. rlewpolar

rlewpolar

Thanks, this is why I ask. I am far from an expert myself and if my tactics are going to land me in jail, I’m the first to ditch them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. ScottMn

ScottMn

Thanks for the reminder.....

Number .5) Dial 911 and leave the phone on.

4. Pier23

Pier23 Silver Member

There are good defensive choke points in the house, but it is no bunker. We can hunker down well out of sight and take advantages as we find them, our property is hilly and wooded. One access point in, easy enough to trap miscreants inside by controlling the one access point.

IIRC, staying inside didn’t work to well for Saddam or Osama. Or for MOVE either, if you jump into the Way-Back machine...or for the Branch Dividians.

ithaca_deerslayer likes this.
  5. ScottMn

ScottMn

If I caught the culprit (unarmed) with my TV in his hands as he was leaving the house, he saw me with my weapon on him and he didn't drop the TV when I told him too......yes, I would let him go.

When I shut my eyes at night I don't want my last thought to be that I took another life for a lousy $1000.

6. ithaca_deerslayer

ithaca_deerslayer

I would sight it in by looking through the barrel at something 75 to 100 yards away. Have the barrel steadied on something like a table, then adjust the scope to be on target at the same place the barrel is pointing. Works surprisingly well :)

B C likes this.
  7. rlewpolar

rlewpolar

Thanks, good tip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. tuica

tuica

My home is my Alamo Position. Be well prepared, but don’t let hysteria rule the day. Good luck to you all.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
    B C likes this.
  9. CladderPup

CladderPup

Gotta say, I’ve lived in a lot of different places in my life, including overseas, and this couldn’t be farther from the truth. Large cities in America are not normal cities. It can be better. There is a very small minority of irrational people that is able to take the majority hostage at their slightest whim, as we are seeing, and no, this is not about race. Obviously that’s a factor, but the bigger factor is culture. When all the people living in a town or city don’t have the same culture, the same values, the same way of understanding the world, they stop trusting each other. Lack of social trust is what sparks these riots, and that does not have to be endemic to “any city” at all.

10. Timeless

Timeless

So I guess the question is what is the point to where you would? Is it anything monetary at all or just prevention of life? Do you shoot to keep them from burning your house down even if you can escape?

11. ScottMn

ScottMn

How many scenarios do we have to cover? We all know where our line is and will have to live with that decision.

tuica and glock1097 like this.
  12. PennsWoods

PennsWoods

I assumed the context was US cities given the current discussion is riots in the US, but I'll clarify next time for our international members.

13. Current Resident

Current Resident

I only have one neighbor that would stand and fight with me. My neighborhood is filled with seniors that would need our help. It would be me doing neighborhood watch sitting between the bushes out of sight.
    I live on an off street, very quiet. I am prepared.

tuica likes this.
  14. Schrag4

Schrag4

One thing I don’t like about my house is that I have very few windows to see out the front. I have a narrow view from the front door, because it’s recessed between the garage and a bedroom. The only other window on the front is in that child’s bedroom, and its view is largely blocked by a tree. The only way I get a better view is to open the garage door.

I’m thinking some cameras might be a good idea.

tuica and Current Resident like this.
  15. Pier23

Pier23 Silver Member

Good questions, and all personal choices. If I caught someone boosting my car or TV, I may shoot to disable the car or destroy the TV, if feasible to do so. But property is not worth shooting a person for.

If someone harms any of our dogs/cats/ horses, then this is an attack on my family and another set of criteria come into play.

16. Will Beararms

Will Beararms Millennium Member

My sincere advice is don’t post anything on social media regarding your personal defense regimen. It is akin to going to social media about an impending divorce, God forbid. The implications of the digital footprint you build are varied and many.

17. Current Resident

Current Resident

If they would only call me back to work, cameras are on my short list

18. slym2none

slym2none Ain't got the Wu Flu.

You may want to re-think this. Seriously.

That's all I will say.

19. slym2none

slym2none Ain't got the Wu Flu.

In my state, you have committed at least one crime if you shoot the TV. Shoot the guy holding the TV, and you have a chance at not getting in trouble.

I AM NOT SAYING anyone should shoot a burglar. But definitely don't shoot your own property in defiance, else you end up in big trouble.

20. Darkangel1846

Darkangel1846

do like the Koreans did during Rodney King riots. When the big crowd of "protesters" come down the street cap off several rounds over their heads and watch them run like the AHs they are. If they come back use your common sense.

Just look at what Yucaipa California did to ANTIFA.