GlockTalk Forum banner

161 - 169 of 169 Posts

·
USN Retired
7,656 Posts
I was not impressed with their food at reasonable prices. I sure wouldn't pay more.

·
Banned
263 Posts
That's really expensive, I don't think Burger king charges that much, 2 burgers some fries and 2 drinks. You should be spending more than $10 for all that.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I went their once with my wife - I remember the food being decent, but their prices are beyond insane. I don't know how they stay in business. You can get an appetizer, drink, burger, and fries at Chili's for $10 any day of the week.

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
The other night I ordered the Big Kahuna sandwich from Jersey Mike's, and since I was feeling pretty hungry, asked for the large size rather than the "regular". That one sandwich was $17! I was glad that my wife decided to make herself a tuna sandwich rather than order a sandwich from Jersey Mike's as well. We used to be able to go out to a fancy restaurant, for steak dinners with a drink and dessert for less than we pay for some fast foot meals today.
Did you wash it down with a tasty beverage like Sprite? :p

It is nuts what's happened to Five Guys prices, and many other places, too. $17 for something from Jersey Mike's? :confused:

Reactions: rock_castle

·
Banned
263 Posts
I would occasionally go to Five Guys if I came home and the wife did not make dinner. I have not been in a while, but it looks like the prices have not changed here. I would get a hamburger, cup of water, and small fries for about $10. The burgers are good, but nothing special. The peanuts had an off taste to me. The fries are very good.

View Estimated Prices IN YOUR STATE
Alabama
FOOD SIZE PRICE
Burgers
Hamburger $6.99
Cheeseburger $7.69
Bacon Burger $7.99
Bacon Cheeseburger $8.69
Little Hamburger $4.99
Little Cheeseburger $5.69
Little Bacon Burger $5.99
Little Bacon Cheeseburger $6.69
Hot Dogs
Hot Dog $4.69
Cheese Dog $5.39
Bacon Dog $5.69
Bacon Cheese Dog $6.39
Sandwiches
Veggie Sandwich $3.69
Veggie Sandwich with Cheese $4.39
Grilled Cheese $4.39
BLT $5.59
Fries
Five Guys Style or Cajun Style
Fries Little $3.09
Fries Regular $4.19
Fries Large $5.79
Cajun Fries Little $3.09
Cajun Fries Regular $4.19
Cajun Fries Large $5.79
Drinks
Coca Cola Products Regular $2.39
Coca Cola Products Large $2.69
Dasani Bottled Water $2.09

https://www.fastfoodmenuprices.com/five-guys-prices/
Basically nothing under $2. They should have that on their Sign.
Like "We don't serve anything under 2 dollars.

·
RIP Stan Lee.. . .
17,251 Posts
Use to be that lunch at a fast food place was <$5.
Now you're lucky if you can get out the door for $8-$9

When the 4 of us go to a sit-down dinner, it's easy to drop $60-$100 + tip. And that's going to a "family" place like Olive Garden, Red Lobster or similar.

We typically just get water to drink instead of paying $3.50 for a Pepsi or a ice tea.

·
RIP Stan Lee.. . .
17,251 Posts
$15-hr min wage for fast food workers will make that little burger have a bigger price tag.
Which is why may places have replaced most of the counter staff with self-order Kiosks and on-line ordering apps. During normal times a restaurant (and most other businesses) can only afford to pay X% of sales as salaries. When the government forces a 15% increase in hourly wages, business find ways to cut labor (automation, Kiosks) and reduce their work force.

Lots of companies are working on automated systems that will fry, build and wrap the burger without the need for humans to do anything other than fill the hoppers and hand the burger to the customer.

161 - 169 of 169 Posts