GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 169 Posts

·
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I have been customers of 5Guys for a long time. Good burgers, great fries. Recently we went there for lunch... a little burger, a little cheeseburger ("little" is their name for their smaller, junior burger), a regular fries (we share) and two regular soft drinks. The total came to right at $30. Seems like a lot for 2 small burgers, fries, and a couple of drinks. No more 5Guys for me. :crying:

·
Registered
213 Posts
My wife and I have been customers of 5Guys for a long time. Good burgers, great fries. Recently we went there for lunch... a little burger, a little cheeseburger ("little" is their name for their smaller, junior burger), a regular fries (we share) and two regular soft drinks. The total came to right at $30. Seems like a lot for 2 small burgers, fries, and a couple of drinks. No more 5Guys for me. :crying:
Yup. Love me some 5 Guys but you need to take out a loan to pay for it.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
That seems like a lot, though there are fewer places you can get 2 combos of anything for less than $20 any more. For various reasons, prices are going to only be going up, so enjoy what you can while you can still afford it. Just imagine yourself having a fine 2-course meal at a fancy joint.

·
Registered
14,594 Posts
Never liked them and tried a couple times. I went to P.Terrys in Austin because it was close to the hotel. My Allah, it was terrible. I can get a double meat Whataburger combo for $9 and it is way better.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Reactions: sonoma

·
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I suspect that 5Guys, and many others, are trying to recover lost revenue from the shutdown earlier in the year. Gouging your customers that are willing to patronize your establishment again is not the way. We were in a Jersy Mikes last week and we noticed that prices seem to be a bit higher than they used to be. I suppose it's time to start eating at home more often.

·
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My wife and I tend to eat out quite a bit. I live in Ft Worth and go to Coopers Old Tyme BBQ in the stock yards almost every weekend. We were there this past Saturday... brisket, a pork chop, bake potatoes and beans for both of us, and two drinks... $34. I don't know what 5Guys is thinking, but I wonder how long they can last charging so much.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Took one of my instructors to breakfast at a local ma/pa kitchen, basic omlets,toast,coffee.....$41 plus change before the tip! I about choked..they have to raise prices, due to 50% cap limits ect...

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I suspect that 5Guys, and many others, are trying to recover lost revenue from the shutdown earlier in the year. Gouging your customers that are willing to patronize your establishment again is not the way. We were in a Jersy Mikes last week and we noticed that prices seem to be a bit higher than they used to be. I suppose it's time to start eating at home more often.
The other night I ordered the Big Kahuna sandwich from Jersey Mike's, and since I was feeling pretty hungry, asked for the large size rather than the "regular". That one sandwich was $17! I was glad that my wife decided to make herself a tuna sandwich rather than order a sandwich from Jersey Mike's as well. We used to be able to go out to a fancy restaurant, for steak dinners with a drink and dessert for less than we pay for some fast foot meals today.

·
Diva extraordinaire
15,484 Posts
In-n-Out burgers...... yum
They are good. I saw on tv they opened one in Colorado and people were waiting in line for 12 hours. That's crazy.

·
With Liberty and Justice for all.
20,894 Posts
You can go to Texas roadhouse and get a burger for less than that.
Red Robin too.

I stopped going to 5G a year or so ago when I finally got tired of paying $12 - $15 for lunch. In n Out just opened here and I'll be getting my burgers there.

·
Registered
31,040 Posts
They have been expensive forever. I have gone to them twice. Once to try it out when they moved into the town I worked for and the second time taking my kids out when my wife was going to a baby shower.

1 - 20 of 169 Posts