close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

5 bad apples fired from the dept

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by noway, Jan 14, 2010.

1. noway

noway

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/florida/AP/story/1423025.html

the above link was a hot story for awhile when it broke. Goes to tell you and confirm with my dad has always said, " the things they do in front of a camera, makes you wonder what they do when off camera "

HOLLYWOOD, Fla. -- Five employees of the Hollywood Police Department were fired for allegedly doctoring a traffic report.

The three officers, a sergeant and crime scene technician had been on paid leave since July after a dashboard camera captured them scheming to help a colleague.

The fellow officer had rear-ended a motorist stopped for drunk driving, marking his seventh work accident since 2000. The camera recorded the officers joking how drunk the driver was and how they'd "hang her out to dry"

The police union and a defense attorney called the firings political. They have 10 days to decide on an appeal.

Prosecutors are also reviewing the case to decide on possible charges.

2. badge315

badge315

3. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

4. gjk5

gjk5 Pinche Gringo

cue cluster**** in 3....2....1....

5. LongGoneDays

LongGoneDays Misanthropical

Paid leave for 6 months? Are you ****ing kidding me?

6. Gallium

Gallium CLM

I love cameras. Dirty cops, stupid citizens, thieving citizens.

Cameras sometimes make better witnesses than humans, despite what some might argue. For starters, even the sloppiest camera will time stamp, or allow for verification of passage of time. For example, the recent shooting in Vegas, the guy who used his video camera on his phone to record from a distance...that data was able to assist in determining the cadence and number of shots.

Yeah, good riddance to bad rubbish.

'Drew

7. MrKandiyohi

MrKandiyohi Millennium Member

They had to fire them. Every person arrested by them would use that video in their trial to attack the testimony of those officers. It would be a major headache for the prosecutors.

8. Glenn129

Glenn129

Why pay them for their crooked actions. These people should have to pay back all that money they received while on leave.

9. madcitycop

madcitycop

I find it funny that there isnt a post every time someone in some other job is fired for doing something dumb...

10. nikerret

nikerret Mr. Awesome

All of the posts thus far seem to be pretty good.

11. trifecta

trifecta

http://www.thelocal.de/society/20091007-22399.html

Magdalene H. had worked for the North Rhine-Westphalian building association in Dortmund for more than three decades only to be fired for taking two rolls and a Frikadelle, a German meatball specialty, after setting up a meal for her boss and his guests.:supergrin:

12. Tow/Repo

Tow/Repo CLM

13. madcitycop

madcitycop

Holy crap! LOL How did a co worker notice that little amount of food missing??? Now THAT is stupid!

14. trifecta

trifecta

I'm here to help my friend. Thought you might enjoy that.

15. HKUSP45Css

HKUSP45Css

First, what they were conspiring to do here wasn't "stupid" it was "criminal."

I think it hits a little closer to home when it's Law Enforcement personnel doing something "stupid" than many other professions because of the amount of trust we put in individual officers to do the right thing.

To their credit, the overwhelming majority of LEOs spend the overwhelming majority of the time NOT doing stupid (or criminal) things. Honestly, the fact that officers DO occaisonally get caught doing things and it's immediately newsworthy is because, as a generality, it's so, very rare.

Let's not downplay the fact that a police officer who's on the wrong side of the righteous cause can, nearly single-handedly, destroy a person's life. So, it's newsworthy, in that respect as well, when they are caught on the wrong side of the righteous cause.

Also, as was said above, the cops needed to be fired anyway. Their word as virtually inexpungable witnesses in court will never be untarnished by the evidence of their wrong doing. I would be surprised if any prosecutor in his or her right mind would bother putting them on the stand ever again.

They might as well go do something else where their integrity isn't such a job requisite.

16. m2hmghb

m2hmghb

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

17. tbhracing

tbhracing Senior Member

The scoops are on their way.

18. Gallium

Gallium CLM

No, you are very wrong. I, for one post about a LOT of knuckleheads who jeopardize their employment by stealing crap.

There is also a thread right here on the front page about a WMD inspector who's in radioactive trouble. :tbo:

My threads (from less than a month ago, on GNG...I'm surely not going to search for other people's threads - but they are here!)

Looks like I'm averaging one a week, and nary a single thread started in that window about any crooked cops.

So, it would appear to me that your perception is different from reality.

Also, do you have a problem with us - here in GNG, (there is a Coptalk, you know) bringing to the forefront stories of crooked LEO?

Serious question.

'Drew

19. madcitycop

madcitycop

Yes Drew I'm well aware and so are you, youve seen my posts there often. We going to start an us vs them coptalk vs GT now Drew? LOL

20. Gallium

Gallium CLM

Bud,

Really, look in the mirror. YOU started it. Don't make mountains in the plains of Kansas. I ask you this: Why can't we have a really open discussion about corrupt police officers without police officers complaining in some way, shape or form about SOMETHING? As I illustrated in my most recent post, we talk about/ make fun of just about every idiot who should know better - but break the law in some flagrant, over the top ways.

A police officer breaking the law would qualify for "over the top way", because after all, he's an upkeeper of the law! :)

People here are also tired of the "double standard". How many times did you ever see us say "I wonder who from Coptalk that is" when stories of a crazy/corrupt cop comes up?

Now reflect on how many times folks who bond of a certain color (not white! :faint:) wonder if the most recent loon in the news with a gun...wonder which GNGer that is? Funny, yes?

Not ragging on you personally, would love to share a beer with you, but you're the guy who showed up on this thread.

'Drew
    :cool: