close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

5.11 tactical vest

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Master T, Mar 14, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Master T

Master T

I do a lot of ATV riding, and thought that the 5.11 tactical vest would be nice to carry items, both on and off the ATV. Something that wouldn't be too hot in the summer, and give plenty of pockets for all kinds of items. What do you think?

2. KiloBravo

KiloBravo NRA Life Member

I say use any method of solving a problem that will work for you. If you think a tac vest will work well for your needs, then go for it. :wavey:

3. tercel89

tercel89

I dont mean to get off the MAIN subject , but I see you are in Ky . I am on the KY Tn boarder . I ride ATV's a bunch . Where do you normally go to ride ?
    Also I carry too when riding . If its winter I carry in a Galco shoulder holster under my shirt and jacket . Work really well and doesnt shift like the waist holsters would . A vest sounds good too.

4. Kentucky Shooter

Kentucky Shooter NRA Life Member

I have one of these and they are great for outdoor use in carrying all your stuff.

5. Master T

Master T

Last year I found this place:
    http://hollercrawlers.com/
    and I absolutely love riding here.
    Located near Pineville, Ky in Bell County.
    It has the most diversivied trails, and very friendly people of any place I have gone. My wife likes to ride her ATV also and we can go here and I don't have to watch her all the time. The trails are wide and a lot of them gravel. But there are also places to play in the mud, and some wooded trails also. There are even 7 or 8 large ponds to fish, if you have a Kentucky fishing license. All sorts of streams, beaver ponds, elk,turkey,deer, and some of the best wild Blackberries just for the pickin along the trails in the fall!

And best of all the Park is FREE to ride! They have over 9000 acres and are trying to lease another 9000

Here is another link that tells more about the park, maps, pictures, and if you have a Facebook account, join there sight!

I think I will try the 5.11 vest as I like the idea of keeping things with me when I walk around. And I can use it also for hunting and hiking.

Tim

6. tbhracing

tbhracing Senior Member

OP- Oakley also makes tactical vest in various styles and colors-

[​IMG]

7. tercel89

tercel89

Thanks so much Master T for the info!!!!

Last edited: Mar 15, 2010
  8. Master T

Master T

Just got my 5.11 vest in. I ordered XL because I am 5'10" and 195 lbs It fits really well. I read where some people had to send theres back and order the next size lower. It is very well made and 100% cotton so it's a little heavy right out of the box. Plenty of pockets and compartments, should work out for ATV'n and hiking on some trails. Probably use it when I go target practicing also! Great product!

9. Spiffums

Spiffums I.C.P.

That would be great for what the OP wants. Looks for like a dirt bike vest than a tact vest.

10. ranger88

ranger88 CLM

I bought a 5.11 vest in khaki a few years ago for a trip that I was taking to China and Korea. It worked very well for travel and I just looked like another tourist with a photographer's vest. All of the pockets allowed me to carry a great deal of stuff without having to pack the pockets of my shorts/pants. Also, I was able to just take off the vest and put it throught the X-ray machine without having to empty out all of my pockets. I don't wear it on a regular basis here at home, but wouldn't hesitate to if I thought I needed the extra storage (pockets). Obviously, I wasn't carrying a firearm or even a knife while traveling abroad. As far as I'm concerned, you can't go wrong with a 5.11 vest. :supergrin: