5.11 Patrol Ready Bag and Maglite

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by dvas, Jul 30, 2012.

Tags:
  1. dvas

dvas

Hi,

I just got the bag and since I have a Maglite 4D (upgraded to 3x LED), I want to attach it to the velcros that are on the top of the bag (place for baton).
    Any ideas/tips on how to do it so it won't slip?
    Pictures are welcome :whistling:

Sasha

2. Agent6-3/8

Agent6-3/8

Can't offer any advise about the light, but I would like to hear how you like the bag. I'm in need of a good patrol bag. Right now I've just got everything in an UA duffle bag.

Posted from my iPhone 4s via Outdoor Hub mobile

3. 11A

11A

I have been using the 5.11 patrol bag for a little bit now and it seems to be holding up really well.

4. lndshark

lndshark

A guy I work with put strips of the the "loop" side of Velcro on his Maglite and keeps it in these loops on his bag. Works good from what I can see.

FWIW, I keep my SL-20 in one of the two vertical elastic pockets on my 5.11 bag (when working day-shift). Bottle of water in the other.

I like the bag a lot...lots of pockets! It's survived over a year of use. It swallows my hat, rain gear, traffic vest, two clipboards, accordion folder, box of ammo, liner for my winter jacket and other stuff I can't think of right now.

5. dvas

dvas

I am not sure that I am the right guy to offer an advise.
    I am only volunteering and doing my shifts once a week. Until now, I had managed to get a backpack that was issued to other traffic policeman, but not to us volunteers.
    Since both my partner and I want to be 100% self sufficient, I didn't have any more space in my backpack so we were looking for something larger.
    My partner bought the Patrol Ready Bag last week and I took it and tried to fit in everything what I need, but it is mostly the paperwork and accessories. My first shift with the new bag will be on Thursday.
    Since the way we work here is very much different from the US, I am not sure if will help you out my advise and anyway it is too soon... i need to use it for a few shifts.

:israelflag: