5.11 Office pants for Conceal carry Questions

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by flw, Apr 1, 2013.

Tags:
  1. flw

flw

These questions are for pocket carry only with tactical/office pants only. For carrying a gun that one may not consider a typical pocket gun i.e. G26/27 and others. Not tactical pants for IWB carrying.

For those of you that have 5.11 or similar pants that have deeper pockets for pocket carry, what is your opinion on these?

1. Do they make practical carry pants that do not look like carry pants?

2. Which type of tactical/offlice type pants do you have?

3. How much did they cost?

4. Would having someone mod your current pants get you 95% the same as a 5.11 type of pants?

2. oem3105

oem3105

I am a big fan of the Tru-Spec 24/7 pants (http://http://www.amazon.com/Tru-Spec-100-Cotton-Series-Pants/dp/B002FJGX0U). For me, they are more comfortable than the 5.11's. They offer smaller pockets at your 3 and 9 o'clock that are perfect for a clip style pocket knife and/or small flashlight. I carry a Streamlight Pro-Tac 1L in one and a pocket knife in the other without restricting access to the "normal" front pockets.

The cargo pockets have two internal pockets designed to hold a 30-round AR magazine each. I CCW a a Ruger LCP inside an older and simple pocket holster in the right side internal cargo pocket. Fits like a glove without any movement. I realize that it isn't the fastest draw option but is a very comfortable carry option that doesn't print at all.

As far as their durability, I have been wearing mine a couple times a week for about 2 and a half years and they aren't showning any real wear yet.

Hope this helps & BE SAFE!

3. Bruce M

Bruce M

For office wear I don't think you can do any better than the 5.11 TDK

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwQSflH6bSI"]5.11TacticalTDK - YouTube[/ame]

4. RussP

RussP Super Moderator Staff Member Moderator

The Woolrich Chinos look like what you want. Men's 44919 Elite Concealed Carry Chinos

I like pants with the elastic inserts in the waistband. They allow you to carry IWB if you want, but aren't too big when you pocket carry or carry OWB.

A tailor can reinforce and/or lengthen your pockets. He/She can sew a pocket pouch in the offhand pocket for an extra mag. You might also ask about moving and/or adding belt loops for more support and to position the loops to be in the right place for belt loop holsters.

If you do go the tailor route, ask first about fabric requirements for any changes. You might need to buy a longer inseam to give the tailor extra fabric for loops, etc..

5. SCmasterblaster

SCmasterblaster G17 carrier since 1989 Millennium Member

6. tango44

tango44

5.11 covert carry????

7. SCmasterblaster

Good video!

8. Clay1

Clay1

I'm with Russ on this one. I own several of the descrete tactical pants by Woolrich. Nice products, pocket sizes are great.

With the elastic waist band the other part of that combo is that there is a second button two inches below the main waist band button. This allows your pants extra room to put on your IWB style holster and to not fall to the ground while you are getting dressed.

They have extra pockets but are not so Cargo pants look.

9. SCmasterblaster

I would need an awfully large pocket, for I carry a G17.

10. flw

flw

That's where a G26/27 pays off. Not tiny but how want a toy or a gun that feels like one?

11. SCmasterblaster

I guess that a G19 would fit better in a large pocket. 16 shots of 9x19 is a lot coming out of a pocket! :cool: