5.11 COVRT Z.A.P. 6 - Review

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by ScottH, Sep 10, 2012.

Tags:
  1. ScottH

ScottH

[​IMG]

5.11 Covrt ZAP 6 Features:

Features:
    - Ccw carrier
    - Ambidextrous strap system
    - Quick-attach tenstion strap
    - Compatible with our covrt tech sleeve and covrt holster
    - Hold an ipad® or netbook
    - Admin pockets
    - Internal organizer pockets
    - Hydration/armor compatible pocket
    - Coms pocket with a mic/earphone cord pass through

Today I am reviewing the 5.11 Covrt ZAP 6 pack. The reason I went with this bag is because of it's "low profile" covert look. No longer will I stick out in a crowd like a sore thumb with a bag loaded with molle attachments etc. As I took it out of the box I was overwelmed at the overall size. This bag is bigger than it appears in pictures on the internet. Don't be alarmed though, it's not a bad thing! Upon opening the compartments I found a bunch of neat little storage areas. The main compartment is approximately 6.42″ x 10″ x 11.46″ and is large enough to store an iPad, first aid, a paperback, lunch, and still have room left over for storing all kinds of other goodies. Inside the main compartment, there are a couple of zippered pouches for confined smaller items you don’t want getting lost, like your wallet, keys, passport etc.. There’s a coms pocket on the main strap which can concealing a cell phone, camera or even a pair of glasses for quick access. If you choose to use the coms pocket for your cellphone (as I have), 5.11 went ahead and put a reinforced hole for passing a headphone cord through.

Read more on this review and see more pictures on my blog. Also there is a PROMO CODE available on this bag in my blog.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
  2. Sharkey

Sharkey

I like my Maxpedition Fatboy and don't get too many glances but that is a nice regular looking bag.

3. ScottH

ScottH

Yeah this 5.11 bag is pretty nice. I tried the single sling Maxpedition Malaga awhile back and I just couldn't get it adjusted to sit right on my back. For me, this 5.11 ZAP sits perfect for my taste. The fatboy is a nice bag.

4. blueiron

blueiron

It sort of looks like a modern bowling ball bag to me.

5. RetailNinja

RetailNinja

Fixed it.

6. blueiron

blueiron

Needs to be in Coyote Brown.