5.11 2 Banger Bag

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by officer196, Oct 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. officer196

officer196

Mods, if this doesn't seem to fit here, feel free to move.

Although I know that off body carry isn't ideal, I came to the conclusion that I'd like a bag that I can throw a gun in during such cases where I may still be in gym clothes and using a traditional IWB holster isn't ideal.

With my birthday coming up, tomorrow in fact, my gf picked one up for me, and despite looking everywhere, I couldn't seem to find a review, so I figured Id write one up in case anyone else is curious about this bag.

So, the 5.11 2 banger bag. From what I can tell this bag was made more as an active shooter, go type bag. For the guys looking to use it as an EDC type bag where you haul the kitchen sink as well, this isn't for you.

The specs-
    Specifications: 7”H x 9.5”L x 3”W
    Built from resilient 1050D nylon fabric
    Loop patch for flag or ID
    Waterproofed back coating
    Self-healing YKK® zippers
    Durable Duraflex™
    hardware Molded zipper grip pulls on main compartment

http://www.511tactical.com/bags-packs/bags/2-banger-bag.html

[​IMG]
    Bag seems really well built. There are molle attachments on both sides of the pack. The pack has loop Velcro on the front of the pack as well as the front of the shoulder strap. It has 2 main zippered compartments, a separate compartment with Velcro for 2 AR mags, and a mesh pocket on the inside.

[​IMG]
    First compartment has 2 separate mesh pockets. AS you can see on holds a full can of OC and the other has my Benchmade AFO knife. Also in this pocket, I was able to throw in a set of cuffs. Near the right pocket is a key holder, which has my handcuff key attached to it.

[​IMG]
    Main compartment is big enough for a full size glock (Pictured G22) but not big enough to be placed vertically. It also has loop Velcro for a holster, but in all honesty im not sure how big of a holster you'll get in there. The opposite side has several loops for extra mags. Also in the picture is my surefire flashlight.

[​IMG]
    Picture of third compartment closed. This compartment does not use a zipper, instead has 2 pulls secured with Velcro for access to AR mags.

[​IMG]
    AR mag compartment. HAs 2 loops to help hold the mags.

[​IMG]
    Mesh compartment.

Final thoughts. I like the product and think it serves its purpose. Like I said previously, if you're looking to carry a few items, this bag is good. If you're looking to carry everything, including the kitchen sink, not really for ya.

Only complaint I has is the shoulder strap is a little short. With the strap fully extended the bag sits just about my waist line, and im 6'2'', so im far from a giant. I contacted 5.11 about it and they said they would get back to me at the end of the day and let me know if they have a longer strap they can send me.

2. Skippie

Skippie

I use a maxpadition jumbo versapack for the same thing. It also works great on hikes and such as I can stuff a nalgene bottle in it. Not to mention a way to carry stuff like a small bug spray, sunscreen, first-aid kit...

Sent from my MB860 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

3. devildog2067

devildog2067

4. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

Shouldn't those cuffs stay in the bedroom?

5. officer196

officer196

No its dark gray and black. Camera changed the color. If it was purple I would have never gotten my gf to give it up lol

Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
  6. officer196

officer196

I have extra sets of cuffs for that :tongueout:

7. tadbart

tadbart duuuuude.

no. it's European.

:aodnsb:

8. officer196

officer196

No it's tactical European lol