GlockTalk Forum banner

101 - 120 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Thanks, its our long range overlanding rig, it's a great truck.... The back is a deck system with storage along with slides that pull out with a stove, refrigerator/freezer, etc, a full kitchen setup,there's a hot water shower, the thing on the roof is a hardshell rooftop tent ( big thick mattress, electricity, very comfortable) it's made to live out of comfortably on long trips....
Must have a bigger gas tank than the one I drove for work. 10 gallons..... I am spoiled by my old Dodge 2 tanks for 45 gallons of gas.

·
Displaced Hillbilly
1,799 Posts
I really really really really like that jeep!!!!!

BTW... why in the hell is "***" censored on your usename (red neck)?? I mean, since when is that a bad word??
I don’t know. I thought that people where just calling me unfriendly things.

The Jeep needs a few more things to finish it up before we head to Colorado this Summer.

Reactions: rfd339 and Joshhtn

·
Registered
13,446 Posts
Must have a bigger gas tank than the one I drove for work. 10 gallons..... I am spoiled by my old Dodge 2 tanks for 45 gallons of gas.
It has a "20 gallon" tank that actually holds about 23 gallons, and there are two 5 gallon jerry cans mounted on the tailgate; fuel isn't a problem.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
2008 F-150 Lariat 4-door

2011 Honda Pilot (might be considered on demand AWD but it does have an electronic locking option)

·
Registered
13,446 Posts
My 2021 4Runner Trail Edition pulling my 2020 Honda Rancher

Jeep we rented when we were on vacation in Ouray, Colorado last year. Amazing what this thing was capable of!

Very few vehicles do offroad as well as a Jeep Wrangler, especially the shorter wheelbase Jeeps; my old Wrangler, which has a 2.5 4 cylinder and very little in the way of horsepower or tech, but which sits fairly high and which has a very short wheelbase and very good approach/departure angles, will go though alot of things by advantage of it's very light weight and it's design; the Wranglers are pretty terrible on the road in terms of how they ride and handle and perform ( your 4Runner is wayyyyy better on the road in almost every way) but once the Wrangler hits the dirt it all makes sense.....

·
Registered
598 Posts
Very few vehicles do offroad as well as a Jeep Wrangler, especially the shorter wheelbase Jeeps; my old Wrangler, which has a 2.5 4 cylinder and very little in the way of horsepower or tech, but which sits fairly high and which has a very short wheelbase and very good approach/departure angles, will go though alot of things by advantage of it's very light weight and it's design; the Wranglers are pretty terrible on the road in terms of how they ride and handle and perform ( your 4Runner is wayyyyy better on the road in almost every way) but once the Wrangler hits the dirt it all makes sense.....
If I lived in an area where you can actually drive off road, I would have considered a Jeep. That rental Jeep was box stock, the only thing they do to them is put proper off road tires on them. There were spots we had to put it in low range 4WD but it handled it well. I use the 4Runner to haul my dog and all our field training equipment, and it does a great job of it.

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
both, my wrangler and my truck. I have used it on the wrangler more, and not even mud bogging. but there are times where light off road use it is handy or on some of the dirt roads around here.

the front drive shaft is out on my truck. so right now it is 2WD! One fateful day at the range I was really, really worried.... it is a dually.... ground was SOAKED.... I was VERY careful with approaches on the swamped out mud rud getting in.

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
I am completely digging that new " army green" color that Toyota is putting out; there's a guy here with a 4Runner in that color that I see all the time, looks badass, and that's coming from a pretty hardcore Jeep guy....
my neighbor has one. it is freaking sharp.
i miss my dang YJ

You are in good company, my friend.... View attachment 908615 View attachment 908616
but I love an XJ too!!

2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Recon.

View attachment 908672
ocean blue!! gorgeous!!

I envy yall that have places to use a jeep for it's intended purpose. here, it is just a beach ride and around town fun car. and a necessity in winter and summer for dirt (read: swamp) roads.

101 - 120 of 140 Posts